North Yorkshire

barge1914

Since we’re visiting Autogas near Thirsk for a bit of re-fettling we thought we’d make a weekendof it. There seems to have been a lot of chatter about no overnighting signs springing up. Planning on these stops, has anyone been to any of these lately? Wondering if they are still ok....

Kilburn 2 CR... below White Horse
Hawney Moor CR
Carlton/ Cowhouse Bank CRs
Rosedale Chimney Bank CRs

White Horse
Thanks Annie
After two nights at Seaham, yesterday, all day in sea mist, with little or no solar, and similar forecasted for today, batteries getting low, I made the executive* decision to move on.
Acting on Annie and EBE257’s ( Dave and Helen. Well worth a watch on YouTube) advice, I drove the 60 odd miles to see Annie’s scruffy pit pony. Have to say, no longer scruffy. Money has been spent. Now blindingly white.

Panels now charging nicely. Will do even better, once the sun comes nearer to the south. 15.5 watts atm, the only way is up 😬
* Executive decisions are made easier when travelling alone.

Noticed this afternoon.
There’s a sign put up by Forestryengland stating, No Overnight Parking
🫣😡😡🤬
That said, I’ve had a good day, batteries are in a much better condition than this morning.
I’ll head over toward Thirsk later.

White Horse
Thanks Annie
After two nights at Seaham, yesterday, all day in sea mist, with little or no solar, and similar forecasted for today, batteries getting low, I made the executive* decision to move on.
Acting on Annie and EBE257’s ( Dave and Helen. Well worth a watch on YouTube) advice, I drove the 60 odd miles to see Annie’s scruffy pit pony. Have to say, no longer scruffy. Money has been spent. Now blindingly white.

Panels now charging nicely. Will do even better, once the sun comes nearer to the south. 15.5 watts atm, the only way is up 😬
* Executive decisions are made easier when travelling alone.
It would have been blue sky and sunshine just a couple of miles inland. The 'sea fret' is a regular coastal feature in the North East of England.

We had kept our 2 elderly Pugs at home during the hot weather but took them out the other morning because it was cloudy and (more importantly) cool. Less than a mile inland it was totally different, so all the dogs just got a token walk instead. :(

I spent a couple of nights in the car park in the centre of Ripon when visiting autogas a few months ago £2 for 24 hours

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back