North wales to cornwall 11 days?

beech03

Hi Guys

We are starting in hull and travelling to the south coast in our converted dacia logan mcv and we have 11 day to do it in

just need some ideas for stops, places to see, POI etc

day 1 - hull to north coast of wales and stay near Snowdens Watkin Path
day 2 - Climb Snowden then stay in campsite with Coarse fishing
Day 3 - Fish all day to rest weary legs, eith stay on campsite or move down the coast to aberwystrth area ?
Day 4 - Drive down to St davids - Wedding anniversary - need a stop with a decent restraunt near by
Day 5 Drive to Bristol area -
Day 6 - Minehead Area
Day 7 - Newquay Area
Day 8 - Falmouth Area
Day 9 - Exmouth Area
Day 10 New forest area?
DAY 11 - back to yorkshire

If anyone has done this sort of thing I would appreciate all you input

I think Beech, that is all driving?

Minehead to Newq is a fair ride, nice but a few hours at this time of year.. I guess if you get up early every day, it could work though..

others will have opinions..

J

At this time of year I'd say N Wales to Cornwall in 11 days would be just about possible, but only if you drive overnights!!!!

:have fun:

I can recomend channel view campsite at brean sands for Bristol area and for Falmouth would recomend pennance mill farm campsite
Bon voyage

St. David

I can recomend channel view campsite at brean sands for Bristol area and for Falmouth would recomend pennance mill farm campsite
Bon voyage

ST.DAVIDS CAR PARK VERY GOOD FOR OVERNIGHT STAY NEAR SHOPS FOOD OUTLETS FREE AFTER 6pm

st.davids car park very good for overnight stay near shops food outlets free after 6pm

aberystwyth you can stay in park and ride very good police station other side of road heard can stay on harbour but not tried there p/r good

Bristol area

aberystwyth you can stay in park and ride very good police station other side of road heard can stay on harbour but not tried there p/r good

OK BIT FURTHER DOWN BUT BURNHAM ON SEA HAVE STAYED IN CAR PARK MANY TIME BIT NOISE WITH CAR UNTIL 11sh THEN OK

beech, if you are out of main Holiday season, (if not will be a bit busy) bugger Minehead, go up Porlock towards Lynmouth, turn left to Oare / Malsmead - and find Cloud Farm in Lorna Doone Valley..I go at least once a year, quite magical site by a babbling stream.. you can park in a few fields, all along the bank side..

I went recently and did a nice circular walk over the moors, a pub in ?Brendan was about half way..

Blue Anchor is nice too.

John

Last edited:
VISITING THE SOUTHWEST and WALES

Hi Guys
We are starting in hull and travelling to the south coast in our converted dacia logan mcv and we have 11 day to do it in
just need some ideas for stops, places to see, POI etc

Hi, What are your interests - is it just walking, fishing and driving?
Are you an experienced traveller?
What are your fitness levels?

day 1 - hull to north coast of wales and stay near Snowdens Watkin Path
day 2 - Climb Snowden then stay in campsite with Coarse fishing
Day 3 - Fish all day to rest weary legs, eith stay on campsite or move down the coast to aberwystrth area ?
We enjoy walk up hills and occasional small mountains to discover that fitness is OK but knees are not so keen. A day recovery is very sensible. Driving I find also provides relaxation (for me) and so the idea to move on is what I would do also.
Day 4 - Drive down to St davids - Wedding anniversary - need a stop with a decent restraunt near by
Any reason for ST Davids' in particular?
I am not familiar with the area so shall await a Welshman to advise on where to go.

Day 5 Drive to Bristol area -
So much to do in that area and further south - Bristol Harbour / Mendips / Cheddar Gorge / Wookey Hole / Wells Cathedral / Glastonbury Tor / Weston-Super-Mare / Burnham-on-Sea

A lot of miles to cover and so a lot missed - I would recommend a route through the Brecon Beacons for a day and then a day trip into Cardiff - a very nice castle and city to walk around. Sorry - have added another few days here in your plan.

Day 6 - Minehead Area
Assume you may want to enjoy Exmoor so worthy to visit is Dunster (also has a Castle), Lymington/Lynmouth via Porlock Hill from Minehead is a very worthy journey.
Also a day trip on the train from Minehead or Bishops Lydeard is a nice event if you enjoy steam trains (diesel also offered).

Next suggestion may not be in agreement with others - but it is only my opinion/suggestion
Don't go to Newquay - Save it for another time when you can then enjoy the area by seeing/visiting more that Cornwall has to offer.There is a lot in the area - Penzance / Tintagel / Eden Garden / and much more.
Day 7 - Newquay Area
Day 8 - Falmouth Area
Day 9 - Exmouth Area
Go to see Dartmoor / Exeter city centre / North of Exmouth is a woodland area for a nice walk. On the other side of the river and along the coast is Teignmouth (stopover 1 night possible) and Paignton (English Riviera) as well as Dartmouth.
Day 10 New forest area?
Within the new forest is a Garden Nursery that has a distinctive history being created by a wealthy financier (forgotten the name) - they allowed us to stop over for one night.
Brockenhurst is a distinctive village worthy a quick stop. Plenty of woodland to walk.
Also near the coast is a pretty village/town, Lymington that is worthy of a walk around also.

DAY 11 - back to yorkshire

If anyone has done this sort of thing I would appreciate all you input

I think you have set an ambitious target with a large amount of travel (as indicated by others also). I love driving and so could manage your plan but would not enjoy it as there would be little opportunity to stop and explore. If you wish to stop in Somerset for more fishing then depending on what type of sport you seek there are plenty options available. I am not an eager fisherman but do enjoy occasional Trout or Sea excursions with friends.

Enjoy it. - When is it happening?

May I suggest a different mountain?
Snowdon summit only disappoints.
Try Tryfan where you can park up underneath.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back