North East update

That's great news, wonder if they're going to take down the cameras they just put up near the steelworks next?....

a Freedom of Information request to the council requesting details of the public consultation.

In its reply the council said it had received 142 objections to the proposed traffic regulation orders, with only two members of the public in favour.

It's usually the case, a couple of busy bodies trying to spoil it for the many. I don't usually give R&CC a pat on the back, but well done in this instance.

Result!

I might have sent an email or something about this one...
I think some of the CamPRA members got involved with feedback to the council?

It's usually the case, a couple of busy bodies trying to spoil it for the many. I don't usually give R&CC a pat on the back, but well done in this instance.

Think they had to cave in, groyne, or they would have appeared in an even worse light?
Media reports about campervan 'situations' are getting a lot more feedback from interested parties this last year or more.
CamPRA has also been getting encouraging results all over the UK.
One thing about the pandemic: it has focused a lot of minds on the discriminations we can experience on our travels.

Pre-pandemic most wildcamping motorhomers might have just shrugged their shoulders, kept quiet and moved on elsewhere.
Think a few more have become a lot more active in protesting to try and improve our lot across the UK. (y)

I got all excited when I saw this thread called North East update as I live in the “real” North East (Aberdeenshire). Only to be disappointed to find out it was Teesside - north east indeed!!
Fit like loon ?

It;s always the case. I'd be interested to know if the council originally said their proposed restrictions were due to complaints from the public. Councils always say this and, when challenged to show these complaints, can never do so or can summon no more than one or two.

This is very refreshing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back