North Berwick

Yes, natives still friendly. No signs on upper car park, lovely views, both parks well used.

Upper car park ok last visit,still get the odd snide comment from people that are not from their originally but have bought property there and now think they are it.i have exchanged a few conversations over our visits(in a polite (,nice and gave no reason I was rude) inho this is the best way to approach folks like this
My views only

Yes, natives still friendly. No signs on upper car park, lovely views, both parks well used.

hi
there is 2 signs on the upper car park next to the golf course. the first one
is on your left as you get to the top of the hill. the other one is a wooden one
low down to the left of the gate. they have always been there.

Currently at the North Berwick WC. There are three GB, 2 NL, 1 D and 1 of those Polish nippy vans. The natives have not been any trouble yet. I would post a picture but I cannot figure out how.

There two no over night parking signs n the upper carpark.

Bernie

So the council didn't proceed with their TRO thingy ?
From a previous thread on here I'd assumed it was done and dusted

I saw the last time I was down (recently) there were 2 mh's on the upper level (and an old wreck of a caravan where some foreign guys were in residence - shell fisherman going by the smell) and a couple along the lower bit nearby (plus a tee-pee) Not doing any harm. A lady writes in every so often to the local Courier complaining that she can't get her car parked to walk her dog. Kind of knocks her complaint on the head. There's also a possible site near Barns Ness lighthouse just off the A1 at Dunbar. Single lane road en route to beach and big layby car park with quite a few mh's parked up.

Last edited:
So the council didn't proceed with their TRO thingy ?
From a previous thread on here I'd assumed it was done and dusted

The proposal was blocked by the Scottish government if I recall correctly.

I saw the last time I was down (recently) there were 2 mh's on the upper level (and an old wreck of a caravan where some foreign guys were in residence - shell fisherman going by the smell) and a couple along the lower bit nearby (plus a tee-pee) Not doing any harm. A lady writes in every so often to the local Courier complaining that she can't get her car parked to walk her dog. Kind of knocks her complaint on the head. There's also a possible site near Barns Ness lighthouse just off the A1 at Dunbar. Single lane road en route to beach and big layby car park with quite a few mh's parked up.

I parked there as far as the locked gate. It was the windiest,rainiest night I have ever spent in a van really rough all the night long. At least I didn't have to pay the campsite a bit back.

Kelpies

After North Berwick and another stop last night we are now parked up in the small carpark at the Kelpies. With us is a big green W do not as yet know who it is. Waiting for it to get twilight so that we can go and see them all lit up. Thanks to The Laird for his info.

Yes, that's me. Nice chatting to you. We're also hoping to see them lit up later. At least the weather is dry and clear tonight.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back