Non electric grass pitch prices in U.K. drives the U.K. wildcamping desires

We are about to go to a Haven holiday park.

Hard standing with TV point; EHU and water on pitch.

Free use of heated indoor pool.

Free showers and hot water for wash up.

Shop; Chippy; Restaurant and bar on site.

£11 per night.
Don't forget to mention all the kids and a good chance there will be members of the traveling community on site as well as they like a good deal too. Or that's how it's been in my past experience with Haven sites out of season.

We are about to go to a Haven holiday park.

Hard standing with TV point; EHU and water on pitch.

Free use of heated indoor pool.

Free showers and hot water for wash up.

Shop; Chippy; Restaurant and bar on site.

£11 per night.
Which one? From information offered on another forum around 4 years ago it was either down in Cornwall (can you go up in Cornwall?) or the Great Yarmouth area from a fading memory.

Which one? From information offered on another forum around 4 years ago it was either down in Cornwall (can you go up in Cornwall?) or the Great Yarmouth area from a fading memory.
The ones around Scarbourgh, but Blackpool also cheap next week (lights still on)

Don't forget to mention all the kids and a good chance there will be members of the traveling community on site as well as they like a good deal too. Or that's how it's been in my past experience with Haven sites out of season.
Certainly not my experience and we often go start / end of season because it is cheaper than anywhere else.
Never seen a member of traveling community on a Haven site.
Most kids are in school, it isn't half term.

OP asked for ideas so I gave my input. If you don't like it, don't go.

CL's are the way to go... not much use to you this one but we stayed last week at a CL just east of York for £2.50/night!
K ;) 🤫
Pretty much the only reason we stay with the CAMC.
Slightly off topic, and I'm surprised it's not been mentioned on here yet, but have you seen the debacle that is the new CAMC website and booking system?
If you are not a member then look up the comments on Trustpilot or FB.

Hmmm. Some do.
CL's are the way to go... not much use to you this one but we stayed last week at a CL just east of York for £2.50/night!
K ;) 🤫

LOL! That's got to be a record! :D cheapest ones we found this year were a fiver but and I remember one in forest of Dean about 12 years ago for three quid which was lovely but £2.50!!! And near York!!! Good lord!

Theres another we intend to visit on this tour when we get to Wales and not far from the Gower thats just £3.00.

For the York CL look just north of Fangfoss for Highfield Lodge.

Got a nice pub in the village just a short walk from the site.

But DONT TELL ANYONE COS ITS A SECRET!!!

K ;)

Theres another we intend to visit on this tour when we get to Wales and not far from the Gower thats just £3.00.

For the York CL look just north of Fangfoss for Highfield Lodge.

Got a nice pub in the village just a short walk from the site.

But DONT TELL ANYONE COS ITS A SECRET!!!

K ;)
Not anymore it's not! Hundreds of tightwad wildies will be heading there now and it will be at least a fiver next time you go! Loose lips and all that! 🤣

Thing is, we never return to a site we have already been to. Its a kind of way of ensuring we don't get in a rut and forces us to explore further.
We dont book ahead either as we never really know where we will be for certain.
Its a great life...
K ;)

Certainly not my experience and we often go start / end of season because it is cheaper than anywhere else.
Never seen a member of traveling community on a Haven site.
Most kids are in school, it isn't half term.

OP asked for ideas so I gave my input. If you don't like it, don't go.
I didn't say I don't like them. I must use them more than you if you have never come across travelers, Craig Tara Ayr. They stole the security barrier so they could just drive in and out . Perran Sands they had dog kennels and chained up dogs in the middle of the camping area. Also at Golden Sands Mabelthorpe, Blue Dolphin Filey. I am currently on Haggerstone Castle no travelers here but certainly no shortage of kids either. As for travelers they simply do not bother me but I have seen MHs turn around and leave when they have seen the travelers on site
I was simply stating my experience of cheap deal Haven sites and not just painting a rosy picture of them.
Maybe you have just been lucky or me not so.

Last edited:
I haven't checked but I'm fairly sure Fisherman meant for the two nights.
I have just booked Rhandirmwyn CCC for next week at £12.8pn for two of us.

Edit. .....and the dog. They don't charge for dogs but I know my 4 legged bundle will be upset if I don't mention her!

Last edited:
Hmmm. Some do.

LOL! That's got to be a record! :D cheapest ones we found this year were a fiver but and I remember one in forest of Dean about 12 years ago for three quid which was lovely but £2.50!!! And near York!!! Good lord!
I think you will struggle to find anything for £3 in forest of dean.
Though there are loads of free ones ( off road parking)... after all it is a forest😁😁
council car parks are now £2 per day but you can buy a weekly ticket and save a few quid. ( though they are free overnight)

Is it just me that thinks this is expensive?
Overpriced me thinks , but it's the rip off uk.
We took the grandchildren to France for the summer.
Not sure which they enjoyed the most..... the free aires buy the rivers and lakes with lifeguards or the site on a beach with all facilities including 3 pools ,entertainment, bar, restaurant games room and outdoor activities for €44 per night.. ( we only go to these with the little ones ,plus it was just the 10 days, the rest was free)
The dog didn't care which ones 😁😁
It was in the French peak holiday time so we knew it would be expensive at a site..... but the same time in the uk would have been scandalous.
We are still members of camc as forgot to cancel, though we find some of the very cheap cl's in nice places want the membership details.....

For myself (and the dog) I paid £8.60pn two weeks ago at St Davids CCC site. That was grass, no electric and with the wrinklies' discount.

Similar prices are charged at their Rhandirmwyn site.
What's this wrinklies discount? We've just joined C&CC and can't find much useful info on their web site.

What's this wrinklies discount? We've just joined C&CC and can't find much useful info on their web site.
CCC members get a 25% discount when booking. But if you are registered as an ACR member (over 60) you qualify for a further 10%.
But you must now verify your age to qualify. I sent photos of our driving licenses to their HQ. You may already be registered check the rear of your membership card under 'sections' it will say age concession if you are registered, if not you need to register.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back