No LPG? Why?

Clunegapyears

Having read about LPG shortages in the UK, we filled up before we arrived back. But the time came, we needed gas. How Far would we have to drive?
Only 5 miles! The lady that served me said they had never had shortages or lack of supply. Their tank tells Color when it is at 25%. Within 4 hours, Calor come out to refill.
The infrastructure for LPG is installed. So why were so many garages short?

Having read about LPG shortages in the UK, we filled up before we arrived back. But the time came, we needed gas. How Far would we have to drive?
Only 5 miles! The lady that served me said they had never had shortages or lack of supply. Their tank tells Color when it is at 25%. Within 4 hours, Calor come out to refill.
The infrastructure for LPG is installed. So why were so many garages short?
In terms of Calor bottles....
Combination of bottles not being returned after heavy demand during lock down AND their own staff shortages due to covid.

There was a period in late winter when Calor said they were giving priority to domestic lpg supplies. Quite right too. The explanation given was about distribution problems not shortage of supply. The shortage of tanker drivers meant that a lot of them had moved over to petrol and diesel deliveries. I have not had a problem filling up recently but you do need to check the apps or websites to avoid disappointment, our local Morrisons occasionally runs out but not for long.
Give the webpage time to load, it can be very slow.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back