No Compare

Asterix

Free Member
Hi all,struggling to find insurance for my MH,that includes Europe. Most of them won't insure my MH as its over 25 years old,can't really understand the reasoning behind it,as its less likely to be stolen than a late model one?
I'm not really bothered about breakdown cover and if it comes down to it,I'd settle for third party only,can anyone advise on what companies are likely to offer insurance?,my current one won't do EU.
I've tried comparison sites and also a few companies not listed on them,getting a bit peed off getting turned down all the time,I want to be over the ditch before Xmas.

my van was registered in 1993 and I insure with AIB 02380268351 there is a discount for full members of this forum

my van was registered in 1993 and I insure with AIB 02380268351 there is a discount for full members of this forum

Thanks,I'll try them tomorrow,yours is under 25 years old so I won't be holding my breath,mine is 30.

Just did a quote...computer says no,over 25 years old.

Sorry. You could try the old fashioned way and telephone for a quote, I often find that computer generated quotes and responces are bettered by direct contact. Just a thunk

Adrian flux gave me a really good deal when I didn't have a no claims discount.

Sorry. You could try the old fashioned way and telephone for a quote, I often find that computer generated quotes and responces are bettered by direct contact. Just a thunk

I agree, when you speak to an agent on the phone they will often contact an underwriter while you wait, you may get a pleasant surprise.

Keep trying and good luck

Hi all,struggling to find insurance for my MH,that includes Europe. Most of them won't insure my MH as its over 25 years old,can't really understand the reasoning behind it,as its less likely to be stolen than a late model one?
I'm not really bothered about breakdown cover and if it comes down to it,I'd settle for third party only,can anyone advise on what companies are likely to offer insurance?,my current one won't do EU.
I've tried comparison sites and also a few companies not listed on them,getting a bit peed off getting turned down all the time,I want to be over the ditch before Xmas.

Hi Asterix, we wanted full European cover including breakdown. AIB would not cover us, maybe because of the high mileage we do or for the length of time we require, (European cover for whole year),but Comfort did were happy to insure us second year running and at a competitive price of under £400 fully 'Comprehensive Advantage' package, their contact details are;
Tel; 020 8984 0777, email;info@comfort-insurance.co.uk, Website Campervan, Motorhome & Caravan Insurance | Comfort Insurance
Good luck, Lou

:goodluck::camper::have fun:

Depending on your age , go for Saga ( Sex annually generally August) I been with them years and no one can come anywhere near them.

Would also say Saga.
Will insure over 25 years for Europe, but will not do breakdown cover for over 25 years, got breakdown cover from green flag.

Both of mine are with Saga too and include Europe breakdown cover, 1979 and 1988 Hymers.

one of the benefits of our membership of the EU is that your vehicle insurance covers you to drive legally anywhere in the EU and EEC
cover for the vehicle itself is usually extra of course

so if you will accept 3rd party you don't need to do anything

Safeguard have looked after me well for years but I doubt they will give you the normally free EU wide breakdown cover.

Richard

one of the benefits of our membership of the EU is that your vehicle insurance covers you to drive legally anywhere in the EU and EEC
cover for the vehicle itself is usually extra of course

so if you will accept 3rd party you don't need to do anything

Now that is something I didn't know,I'll happily do third party as my MH isn't worth a lot,and seems like it will save me a lot of hassle,thanks for the tip...

Bloody insurance has been the bane of my life since coming to the UK ten years ago,as I'd never previously held any insurance for my previous 30 years of driving,they really had me against a wall for the first couple of years,emptying my bank account!! Does it really need to be so complicated to get behind the wheel to drive somewhere!

Bloody insurance has been the bane of my life since coming to the UK ten years ago,as I'd never previously held any insurance for my previous 30 years of driving,they really had me against a wall for the first couple of years,emptying my bank account!! Does it really need to be so complicated to get behind the wheel to drive somewhere!
Just drive it like its stolen.

I've started to use AIB for all my insurances as they become due. Just ring them with the details, let them have a rummage around and they have always come back to me with a great deal. They have placed insurances for my Hymer B544. 1952 Fordson Major, 1977 Kubota mini tractor and Honda Quad - all for road use and the ride on mower- when trying to insure them on line returned nothing but rejections and stress.
They will get the car and van insurance when they also become due.

mines a 1987 merc self build van insured by Adrian Flux and it was the best price

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back