Nissan Cabstar Camchain

Geraldine

Hi Can anyone out there help me source a Camchain for a Nissan cabstar.
Details;z20 engine
1987 model f22

Mechanic says Nissan make would be best.
Nissan say it is obsolete, all the other parts needed are in Japan or Amsterdam and will take upto 3 weeks to arrive.

The part I need is N13028N8400 N/STK CHAIN

If you need my reg no; please PM me

Good luck and thanks
David

Try jap parts,Google it put in 1987 Nissan cab star timing chain a few are there new and used keep us up to date

Last edited:
Yeah that's one of the one thar come up with Google search

Thank you to both of you.
However my mechanic has asked if I could get Nissan parts as better quality.
I will get back to him and discuss.
Cheers
David

I've used a couple of BGA head gasket sets and they've been fine - plenty good enough quality. Not that that means anything really, but I'd have no qualms about putting a BGA chain in if it was mine, especially as the Nissan part is obsolete and you may never get it. Put it this way: The Nissan part has lasted 28 years - if the BGA part only lasts half as long then I reckon you'll be OK.

I don't mind if you don't take my advice though :)

I've used a couple of BGA head gasket sets and they've been fine - plenty good enough quality. Not that that means anything really, but I'd have no qualms about putting a BGA chain in if it was mine, especially as the Nissan part is obsolete and you may never get it. Put it this way: The Nissan part has lasted 28 years - if the BGA part only lasts half as long then I reckon you'll be OK.

Thank you Richard will phone them tomorrow to see if they have the set in stock.
Then will speak to my mechanic.
Great advice and you are right about the 28 years reference.
Cheers

Possibly a bit left field, but there are a number of companies that will custom make a timing chain.

I suspect you'll pay more, but might be worth an enquiry.

Edit: not sure whether they would do tensioners though.

Ordered parts from Nissan yesterday.Will take upto 3 weeks to arrive.
Still no luck on the chain.Billcar are still trying to source.
If need be will fit all other parts and keep the old chain in place and keep fingers crossed All goes well.
Thank you to all who have contributed and if you hear anywhere that has that chain please PM me.
Cheers
David

Billcar unable to source chain.Currently got my brother in Aus having a look on the web as they moved production out there in the 80's!
Parts starting to arrive just waiting for the Tension chain.
Still looks like new parts will be fitted accept for the chain at the mo.
Really will be a fingers crossed moment.
Cheers
David

what engine is it try just looking for cam chain for specific engine as it might and probaly used in a another vechile toyota used the same engine in quiet a few models and some part where availble for one model but no another asi found out when i had mine

what engine is it try just looking for cam chain for specific engine as it might and probaly used in a another vechile toyota used the same engine in quiet a few models and some part where availble for one model but no another asi found out when i had mine

Cheers for coming in on the thread,things have finally moved forward ( I hope ).
Contacted BGA direct and yes they have 4 full kits on the shelve !
Suppliers would see it on their systems as obsolete!
That's why I was getting nowhere.
So now it looks like I will buy the kit and have the Nissan gasket parts, etc as back up.
Out lay for parts so far will be under £300.
Fingers crossed on the labour!

Thank you Richard,Maybe getting near to the end of this saga soon.
Once again thanks for you post.
Cheers
David

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back