night heating

tony

have anyone got propex heatsource air heating in their van ?
i'm looking for info ie how do you find it , do it take a lot out of your batterry/gas , how noisy is it when operating.
thanks all in advance. tony

Hi Tony,
I have an Ebespacher (disel) blown air heating system in our Motorhome, and I have to say they are very good. They are as warm as you want them to be, even in sub zero temperatures. They are a little noisy, but then after a while you hardly notice the fact, and during the night on reduction of the temperature at the thermostat it will kick in when you are sleeping so no problem. The hot water side of it is great, water is always piping hot.
I always leave a roof vent partialy open so as not to dry out the atmosphere inside the van.
Take a look at Ebaspacher websit for all the techie bits.
I understand you are looking at a gas system but dont rule these out.

Happy Camping:)

Last edited:
have anyone got propex heatsource air heating in their van ?
i'm looking for info ie how do you find it , do it take a lot out of your batterry/gas , how noisy is it when operating.
thanks all in advance. tony

I have fitted a Propex Heatsource in my VW T4 camper. It is not heavy on gas or electric 3 amps when running I think. Keeps the van at a nice (adjustable) temp. Means you can camp all year :)

It was purchased from Bluebird

http://www.bluebird-type2.co.uk/heat.htm

All the info is on there website.

jeffscarborough

thanks for info on propex, is the power for the heater coming from the main battery or the leisure battery ?
i'm wondering if i'd need the bigger HS2800 , output 2.8 kw, our camper is a bessacarr E745 app 27ft long outside measurements.
thanks again
tony

Mine is wired up to the leisure battery. It is only using 3 amps when the heater is running and it cycles off and on.
Maybe an email to Bluebird to ask for advice on size needed?

just purchased a propex heater from o'leary motorhomes so we will be sorted for next winter.
never heard back from bluebird.
tony

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back