Newport, Pembrokeshire

Canalsman

Following a good reception to my earlier video about Bosley Locks, 'Strolling with Mr Jones' visits Newport in Pembrokeshire.

There is a Wildcamping POI at the start point of the walk.

It's a lovely place to visit so consider including it in your itinerary next year.

I hope you enjoy the video, and if you haven't viewed the Bosley Locks video I think you'll enjoy that too!

We stayed here many times over the years, however now the rangers will give you a ticket for overnight parking

I love Newport, Pembs. Lovely little town and the cliff path walk is spectacular although can be challenging if you don't have full mobility.

As a kid my family and I camped at a farm up on the hill set back from the cliffs. My wife and I revisited Newport a couple of years ago and the farm campsite is still there!

We stayed here many times over the years, however now the rangers will give you a ticket for overnight parking
I don't believe they have the authority to ticket you if parked on the public highway!

Im not sure, you may be right but if they do, it would be a pita to fight your case etc

Not as easy as not having one to start with!

If pembs council are anything like our local council then your first obstacle is getting to actually speak to someone :)

Yes, As has been discussed before on here pembs council and the national park hate motorhomes.
On a more positive note the Trewern Arms in Nevern, a couple of miles east of Newport is a great pub stop. Check out their notice board for a lovely circular walk straight from the pub.

This is where we stay since the Pembrokeshire ban, lovely country pub

Not as easy as not having one to start with!

If pembs council are anything like our local council then your first obstacle is getting to actually speak to someone :)
Normally there is a standard appeals procedure done online takes , literally, 2 minutes. No need to speak to anyone.
In Edinburgh PCN appeals have , last time I looked , a 70% success rate .
Hate to think how many wrongly issued tickets are meekly just paid .

imo its still not worth the hassle. Im sure once the appeal is submitted you then have to wait for a decision and I really cant imagine them just rolling over and squashing the ticket.

imo its still not worth the hassle. Im sure once the appeal is submitted you then have to wait for a decision and I really cant imagine them just rolling over and squashing the ticket.
If you have a good argument, in my experience, they will .

Returning to this specific location I have stayed there many times without any problem.

More broadly in Pembrokeshire there are spots elsewhere where I stay repeatedly and again I have never been challenged.

The perception that Pembrokeshire is not motorhome friendly should be challenged, sensibly, and not just accepted as the norm.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back