Newcastle Uni.

Dezi

Our youngest grandson, Joe is doing a masters degree in Urban planning at Newcastle uni.
His halls of residence are in south gosforth.

Any body know of an overnight spot not to far away as the ones I have are all south of there.
Just in case we have an irrational whim to visit him sometime.

Then can somebody tell me how he got from being a wonderful, cheeky 12 yo to a mature, educated
22 yo in about 3 weeks.

Dezi

It's not next door, but Blaydon Rugby Club used to have a CL license for their car park. I don't think they still operate it as a CL but it might be worth giving them a call. Or, we spent the night in the car park at the Ravensworth Arms at Lamesley last week, and had a nice meal. That's a wee bit further out I think though.

Parking around Gosforth and Jesmond is a bit congested - mostly with bl**dy student cars these days! 😜🤣🤣🤣

Otherwise I’d have recommended an on-street overnighter on Moorfield, South Gosforth, next to the Little Moor Allotments. It’s where I’ve occasionally parked my car and left it there when doing a car share to somewhere else with a friend of mine who lives in Jesmond and has an allotment right next to that road.

Here’s an approx what3words reference:
///field.small.apple

Could always try ringing Newcastle City Council?

“Motorhomes​

We make every effort to cater to requests to park motorhomes in our car parks.

If you want to park a motorhome please:
  • call 0191 277 2739
We can then discuss with you the size of the vehicle and where you would like to park it. Car park height restrictions may apply.”

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back