Newcastle metro arena

Scotia

Has anyone been to the metro arena and parked up overnight? Going to see Eric Clapton in May with my middle son,I know you can park up for £8.50 if attending an event you get 1 hour before doors open and one hour after it also mentions £6.00 for a day ticket? Alternatively does anyone know of somewhere within walking distance of the arena for a safe parkup.

If you want parking for your motorhome, I can only think of the Sage car park where overnighting was allowed. The Sage is a music and cultural centre with a large car park. Have a look on Google maps and see if it is suitable. ie within your walking capabilities.

If you want parking for your motorhome, I can only think of the Sage car park where overnighting was allowed. The Sage is a music and cultural centre with a large car park. Have a look on Google maps and see if it is suitable. ie within your walking capabilities.
I have just been speaking to a friend an hour ago who has offered for me to park at his brewery which is a short taxi ride away. I'll look at the sage car park as an option though, cheers.

Worth checking with someone local, but when I was on the Newcastle quayside in Sept, the Sage car park over the The other side of the Tyne, which I've previously overnighted in, was a construction site.

Worth checking with someone local, but when I was on the Newcastle quayside in Sept, the Sage car park over the The other side of the Tyne, which I've previously overnighted in, was a construction site.
I was told today that there are plans to build another Sage (provisionally referred to as Big Sage). Maybe that is what the construction is. The estimated cost of the project is 130 million squids, so expect to see another Labour Council going bankrupt.

I was told that the large car park will mostly be swallowed up. So ... Bigger crowds less parking. :rolleyes:

Sounds right for Gateshead Council, officially placed at second from bottom in the list of Council performance statistics apparently.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back