Newbie, but can you do it caravanning*#@!

Petercarter

Hi

I've been watching for some time and would like to give this wildcamping a go, but I only have a caravan (shock horror). So before I go to the expense of changing my outfit can wild camping be done in a caravan, if so how, because I don't want to be classed as a "traveller". Please indulge me and I may see the error of my ways!

Petercarter said:
Hi

I've been watching for some time and would like to give this wildcamping a go, but I only have a caravan (shock horror). So before I go to the expense of changing my outfit can wild camping be done in a caravan, if so how, because I don't want to be classed as a "traveller". Please indulge me and I may see the error of my ways!
mate wellcome, u can still wild camp wi a caravan, just enjoy the freedom of no haven ti pay the rip off campsite fee's:D :D

Wild camping is wild camping no matter what you camp in!!!
Although you are in quite a minority, however if you are ever down Studland/Corfe Castle area you will find a caravan towed by a Suzuki Vitara in one of the lay-bys used by the rest of us.
I just hope you're not a Hobby towed by a Transit... or you may find yorself getting 'moved on', otherwise WELCOME!!:p

wild camping

Petercarter said:
Hi

Yes I agree wild camping is wild camping I am fortunate to own both
a camper and a caravan I often tow the caravan when I need more room
for the rug rats mind you I have had a few jaw droppers by motorists
overtaking what the think is a caravan then the realise they have another
10 mtrs to go:eek:

I don't know what it is like now but I seen to remeber a few years ago, long time since I've been there, seeing caravans parked up in varoius spots around Scotland. I don't think these were travellers (not the right places or outfit) but one car park on Loch Lomond was like small town!

whatever you do it in is ok but it is a lot easier in a camper m / home depends what you call them but it is easier in the latter just enjoy you will end up with a m/home in the end i think they dont have to cost a fortune to buy and you can use them as day to day transport we do

ps you say you dont want to look like a traveler then get an decent old tranny or bedford there are still a few good uns out there any self respecting traveler wont be seen dead in one of them lol and there cheap

camper/caravan

me too, i've got both. i live in caravan and travel in camper.my best "wild" experience was a site in a field of wild flowers in my caravan. by the height of summer my deck chair had got head high with flowers and was difficult to find and i had to cut a path to the door of the van . oh bliss

irenerobbie said:
me too, i've got both. i live in caravan and travel in camper.my best "wild" experience was a site in a field of wild flowers in my caravan. by the height of summer my deck chair had got head high with flowers and was difficult to find and i had to cut a path to the door of the van . oh bliss
sounds fantastic wish we could live like that

Petercarter said:
Hi

bit more difficult with a caravan i would have thought. but hey why not? if you already have it try it out

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back