new

kevin marks

hi im new to all of this but im selling up everything and am going to buy a used 8 metre motorhome .ill have about 30,000 left in the bank and reckon this will last approx 5 years without working i do intend to pick up bits of work here and there and also plan to do a fair amount of metal detecting cos you never kniow .so any advice is welcome regarding power systems heating hot water you know everything
kevin

Whilst browsing the other day I started reading on this forum http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/motorhome-website-links/11648-new-fulltiming-forum.html The general consensus seens to be 10 - 15k a year is required for fulltiming. I only use my van occasionally, so can't add to those comments.
Wish you luck with your adventure.
I can recommend a sterling battery to battery charger, and it would seem a couple of 80w solar panels would be very useful.

Paul

Its differant horses for courses,it depends how you live your life 7k upwards i would sugest as a minimum up to 20 odd k.It also is dependant on if you intend to wild or stay on a campsite.If staying on sites that will cost you a good 3k a year.

Its differant horses for courses,it depends how you live your life 7k upwards i would sugest as a minimum up to 20 odd k.It also is dependant on if you intend to wild or stay on a campsite.If staying on sites that will cost you a good 3k a year.

Up to 20K? We don't spend that living in a large 3 bedroomed house comfortably in a year, and that includes running a car and our motorhome! 20K in a year living in a motorhome would bring the highest levels of luxury.

hi im new to all of this but im selling up everything and am going to buy a used 8 metre motorhome .ill have about 30,000 left in the bank and reckon this will last approx 5 years without working i do intend to pick up bits of work here and there and also plan to do a fair amount of metal detecting cos you never kniow .so any advice is welcome regarding power systems heating hot water you know everything
kevin

We have a 7 metre long motorhome and it is our only expense (my sister lives in our house and takes care of all those bills). It costs us around 12k per year including all the motorhome costs (tax, insurance, MOT, maintenance etc) and we think we live very well on that (there are two of us). Obviously, if you follow the sun, as we do, then your heating costs are lower than otherwise. We use a combination of campsites and wilding (and it is a lot easier to wild on the other side of the Channel) and have a 80 watt solar panel on the roof. We also have a Gaslow system which supplies all out gas needs for less than a tenner per month. That's about it - apart from the fact that we have been doing this for nine years and plan to go on doing it until we drop. We are retired so can't help you on the work front but quite a few people we have met work in the ski resorts in winter and spend the summer on the beach - seems a good life to me! Happy travels.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back