New tyres.What Pressure is best ?

Shockingdog

Free Member
Just had new tires all round on our Fiat Ducato Swift Balero. 215/70 R15 CP Continentals.What Pressure do other members use ? Recommendations please.

Hornets nest....

This is what I wrote on a post a while back:

=========

Just been browsing this old thread because I’d lost the bit of paper where I’d wrtten down the pressures I’d decided to use and while hunting for it came across my notes from before. Wish I hadn’t...

Manual says one thing
Dealer says something else
Tyresafe says another thing
Michelin says yet another thing.

5 bar all round it is then. Seems to be a kind of average of all the advice!

==========

5 bar is what I use. It’s on the firm side, but not too bad.

Just had new tires all round on our Fiat Ducato Swift Balero. 215/70 R15 CP Continentals.What Pressure do other members use ? Recommendations please.

If you can’t find it send an email to continental tech department giving axle weights overall weight and tyre sizes and they will tell you

Hornets nest....

This is what I wrote on a post a while back:

=========

Just been browsing this old thread because I’d lost the bit of paper where I’d wrtten down the pressures I’d decided to use and while hunting for it came across my notes from before. Wish I hadn’t...

Manual says one thing
Dealer says something else
Tyresafe says another thing
Michelin says yet another thing.

5 bar all round it is then. Seems to be a kind of average of all the advice!

==========

5 bar is what I use. It’s on the firm side, but not too bad.

5bar really isnt that 72.5 psi all my tyres are 65 psi and I thought that was high what do others put in?

5bar really isnt that 72.5 psi all my tyres are 65 psi and I thought that was high what do others put in?[/QUOTE

5.5 from memory on my ducato on the door pillar and manual ,,,that said the 65 psi figure I used and it handled better with no detriment to tyre wear

Channa

If you can get a definitive answer from the tyre manufacturer go with that, it will be the best figure for the widest range of duty. Who knows the spec of a tyre better then the tyre manufacturer anything else is just a best guess by someone as they don't know how the tyre will be used.

Down to the weighbridge then. Fully loaded ready for the road unless you already know how much it weighs which you should. You need front and rear axle weights then contact tyre supplier for correct pressures.

Alternately you could try 80 psi all round first and see if you still have any fillings or Motorhome left after a few miles :scared: :lol-053:

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back