New tougher Spanish travel restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Job's a goodun.
So now you can understand my problem. Once I've evaded the guards in gulag Northampton, it's all uphill.

Depends what you want. Everything is not shut where we are - just come back from a very nice lunch at a restaurant in San Jose, following doing the weekly food shop in Campohermoso. The beaches are open, the stunning landscape around these parts is open and the weather is glorious. We are in an area where the population density is low and, in our immediate area, there have been no recorded cases of the virus. We feel very happy that we are here, among a small but very friendly group, and hopefully we will be joined by other friends in December who can't wait for the English lockdown to end so they can get the ferry and join us. :)
We still plan to get down there once the sale of our property here in Spain has gone through...We love the area and can't think of anywhere better than a moho for being safe...its our own bubble....

I saw that Spain need a negative covid test now before arriving in Spain by air or sea, under very new rules. Can't find out if this includes the tunnel and driving through from France.

Id imagine you would have to provide evidence at your home exit port aswell with the carrier.
We had to do this when travelling to cyrpus a few weeks ago

You've seen everything the UK has to offer I am guessing?
Maybe there is "somewhere" to go in the approximately 250,000 km2 area available to you without the need for even a passport?

Sorry to seem picky, but it is annoying when visiting your own country is so totally discounted.
Whilst you might have a point here in six months time there's a subtle difference between Andalucía and the UK in the depths of winter that seem to have escaped you.....

Whilst you might have a point here in six months time there's a subtle difference between Andalucía and the UK in the depths of winter that seem to have escaped you.....
In fairness, there are some (odd) people who look forward to the English winters. My mother struggled during June,July and August. Wintering in Spain, would have been a nightmare.

In fairness, there are some (odd) people who look forward to the English winters. My mother struggled during June,July and August. Wintering in Spain, would have been a nightmare.

... from what I gather 'Summering' in certain parts of Spain/Portugal can be an even bigger nightmare for mega heat!

But I'd have thought that for the average Brit winter visits to Spain makes perfect sense for those with a normal temperature tolerance, and for a lot of older folk especially (your mother excepted, of course!) ;)

... from what I gather 'Summering' in certain parts of Spain/Portugal can be an even bigger nightmare for mega heat!

But I'd have thought that for the average Brit winter visits to Spain makes perfect sense for those with a normal temperature tolerance, and for a lot of older folk especially (your mother excepted, of course!) ;)
My mum , the sainted Doris left us many,many years ago. And not to Spain 🙁

You've seen everything the UK has to offer I am guessing?
Maybe there is "somewhere" to go in the approximately 250,000 km2 area available to you without the need for even a passport?

Sorry to seem picky, but it is annoying when visiting your own country is so totally discounted.
actually I feel I have covered everything the UK has to offer, after a lifetime spent in tents, caravans and motorbikes around the UK. I have yet to do Ireland in depth but I wish our lovely country was a little larger!

My mum , the sainted Doris left us many,many years ago. And not to Spain 🙁

She wasn't this Doris then? :)

1605437718018.png

Touring Europe. Not just Iberia.

The UK has much to offer. Agreed. That doesn't alter the fact that, as a relatively small island, we do have a massive population. Admittedly, many millions of our fellow countrymen rarely go beyond the end of their street. But those who do, crowd our beauty spots.
I'm a fairly gregarious bloke. I enjoy our meetups. When in nature, solitude suits me. Admittedly, being able to say, "Wow, look at that", to someone, helps share the experience. Having to raise your voice to make your companion hear, isn't for me.
From my little experience abroad, all I can say is, it works for me. Many times, I've been on an aire, completely alone, with only bird song and maybe the sound of water breaking the silence.
My wish for 2021? Being able to get away and enjoy what we have around us.UK, Europe, where ever.

I'm told that those who assist people to travel through Europe to Calais promote the extra few miles to the UK as being worth it because it is never very cold or hot and has lots of rain. So there you go. We go south for dry and hot and those in warmer climates favour our weather, among other things I assume.

It's all going to be different starting January 2021. You will only have 90 days worth of sun during the winter before you are expected to be back and enjoying the Uk wind and rain that is unless you have an EU Passport of course.

It's all going to be different starting January 2021. You will only have 90 days worth of sun during the winter before you are expected to be back and enjoying the Uk wind and rain that is unless you have an EU Passport of course.

True - but there are plenty of other places with winter sun that we can go to :)

Lets wait and see what the Spanish and Portuguese governments decide. They are not frightened to ignore what Brussels dictates. Their economy depends so much on tourism.Summer and winter. Driving through France after 90 days may prove a problem. Isn't there a way around that? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back