New toilets at Ely Ruby Bay

Fisherman

Have to say Fife coastal trust do it yet again. It’s a real shame the contrast across the forth is so stark. They have installed new toilets with a chemical waste better than most campsites. Just take a look at these facilities. The toilets are now open 24 hours. They have ran mains cabling and the toilets will be connected soon offering lighting and heating in winter. They have also installed two new parking meters, far easier to use than the old ones.

IMG_6533.jpeg
IMG_6534.jpeg
IMG_6535.jpeg
IMG_6532.jpeg

Have to say Fife coastal trust do it yet again. It’s a real shame the contrast across the forth is so stark. They have installed new toilets with a chemical waste better than most campsites. Just take a look at these facilities. The toilets are now open 24 hours. They have ran mains cabling and the toilets will be connected soon offering lighting and heating in winter. They have also installed two new parking meters, far easier to use than the old ones.

View attachment 120966View attachment 120967View attachment 120968View attachment 120969
Good to see the actual facilities to show what you get for your money! The Elsan opening hours might be a wee problem, but, IIRC, I think that this Phase 1 and the hours may be extended in the future? If that's what £10 per night gets you, it's very good value! Onus now upon us to use it regularly and responsibly!

Steve

Good to see the actual facilities to show what you get for your money! The Elsan opening hours might be a wee problem, but, IIRC, I think that this Phase 1 and the hours may be extended in the future? If that's what £10 per night gets you, it's very good value! Onus now upon us to use it regularly and responsibly!

Steve
They are concerned about our toilet chemicals damaging their sceptic tank. I reckon they don’t want it to be overused. Also the facilities are cleaned every day.

Only one cubicle open at night not sure about the elsan. My mate was there with friends in their vans for his wife’s birthday. 4 vans parked together and had a great time till the gypsys arrived with Transits and caravans. Hassled my mate for a hook up cable which he refused to lend them. Generator fired up and they refused to switch it off. Eventually ran out of fuel around 2.30am and fired up again just after 6am. Warden was called but nothing done and one birthday bash spoiled.

I asked Robbie Blythe today about the limited opening times for elsan point. Today it has been opened since 8am and remains opened.

HI Bill

Thanks for your email and the positive feedback.

We do advertise it 10:00 - noon but the times are slightly longer. It's limited for a trial period as we have concerns regarding capacity of the sewage outlet. However, it works ok we will extend operational times.

Kind Regards

Robbie Blyth

Head of Operations
Fife Coast and Countryside Trust
Pitcairn Centre
Moidart Drive
Glenrothes
Fife
KY7 6ET

We were there 2 weeks ago they were working on the toilet block and car park , you need to be careful if the camper bays are full there's a chance you can get a parking ticket if staying in a normal parking bay , well worth £10 per night

Only one cubicle open at night not sure about the elsan. My mate was there with friends in their vans for his wife’s birthday. 4 vans parked together and had a great time till the gypsys arrived with Transits and caravans. Hassled my mate for a hook up cable which he refused to lend them. Generator fired up and they refused to switch it off. Eventually ran out of fuel around 2.30am and fired up again just after 6am. Warden was called but nothing done and one birthday bash spoiled.
The elsan is open between 10am
-12pm

I thought Ely was in Cambridgeshire.
Or do I need to book a room in a care home?
Confused, of somewhere - where am I now?

As earlier posts. Elie in the Kingdom of Fife.
Or, to give it its full title, 'The Sunny Kingdom of Fife', because we residents have an indomitable sense of optimisim; and 'The Haar Kingdom of Fife' is not good for marketing, and can be misudertood in verbal exchanges ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back