New to wild camping in a camper

Great to find another delica fan... davep10000 is also another delica owner on here and he has been a GREAT help to me enjoy your van i see there are translated manuals now available from the original japanese manuals but they are £35 - guess it depends how desperately you want one.... they are for sale on the delica forum

Hi Tookie ,Francesca welcome to the group,
I am wondering if we have met,you based in todmorden. 1999 I was a tutor for a training organisation in Nottinghamshire and we brought a group of young people on an outdoor activity programme in Todmorden ..I couldn’t tell you the name, but it had fishing ponds millpond header dams where some of the lads relaxed if they behaved,

These days like one or two others defected to Wessie land and located in Dewsbury

No, can't remember the name of that one. Staff of life is in Cornholme, on the Burnley Rd, about 2 miles from Tod center. Car park is 100yds before the pub on your RH side if you have come through Tod

Channa,

The activity center is Robinwood, we were not there in 1999, in fact I don't think the company had started then. From your description that sounds more like the borstal (reform school) up at Dobroyd Castle, which is now Robinwoods second center in Tod

Tookey , that would make sense , the lead tutor was a leading light with NACRO and had a probation service background. Our client group were line 9s mainly young folk excluded from other training providers for 101 reasons so we had a contract to accommodate them . I was there being evaluated by Sam to see how I coped with some of the more challenging behaviour, the first course I ran as lead was at a woodcraft centre aside derwent dam in derbyshire ,,,it was certainly interesting work, in those days funded by Nottinghamshire county council who in turn had drawn funds through the European social fund as the catchment area was considered an area of deprivation.

No, can't remember the name of that one. Staff of life is in Cornholme, on the Burnley Rd, about 2 miles from Tod center. Car park is 100yds before the pub on your RH side if you have come through Tod

Between the pub & the carpark there used to be 2 grass tiers where folk used to be able to camp. We used the top tier that drops away to the railway behind. Got a big bonfire going & tents up round it with access from the little road next to the carpark. Last time I was there the access was gated & overgrown. Good times spent with good folk, some sadly no longer with us....

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back