New to motorhoming

Derek

Hi my name is Derek , new to this group and motorhoming , just purchased an old Fiat motor home had it serviced etc and hope to get away soon , any advice

1)Spend the first night on your drive or within a taxi ride home.
No better place to find out that you have forgotten the corkscrew or that you can't get the fridge to run on gas.

2)Make checklists. If it is good enough for a guy driving a Jumbo Jet it is good enough for you (a copy of my list is attached, yours will be different).

3)f Try different types of locations wild/ commercial /pubs / CLs. They are different and sometimes you need the hot tub and sometimes you need to be the only person for miles. Don't get into a rut.

4)When things go wrong ("when" not "if") see it as an adventure.

5) Enjoy yourself and never forget the corkscrew.

Attachments

• Checklist.pdf
    20.7 KB · Views: 210
WEST SCOTLAND ,LOVELY SCENERY WHEN WEATHER NICE. TRAVEL EARLY MORNING FIND AGOOD SPOT FOR THE DAY TO LAYUP. ARRIVE AT YOUR SELECTED OVERNIGHT STOP WITH COMING DARKNESS, LEAVE EARLY MORNING .MOST NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING SINGS ARE ILLEGAL UNLESS BY ORDER OF COUNTY COUNCIL IS WRITEN BELOW IT .THIS MEANS COUNCIL HAS SAT IN SESSION AND VOTED THIS IN AS A BYE LAW. THERE IS NO TRESPASS IN SCOTLAND UNLESS YOU LEAVE GATES OPEN OR DO DAMAGE ,LITTER ETC COME TO SCOTLAND THE WORLD IS YOUR LOBSTER

Hi and welcome, the adventure is just beginning! Make sure you have breakdown cover and that your spare wheel and tools are serviceable and present.

Good Morning & Welcome to the Wild side of life 😊
My advice-
1,Always make sure your Phone is charged at every opportunity & that you have access to This band of Very knowledgeable & Helpful Guys & Gurl that make up this community.
2, DONUTS, Come ‘Z’ day Donuts will be the only currency to detract us frenzied hordes from ruining your day !.
The rest will sort it’s self out as you find yourself in a fix, Make mistakes & get randomly lost 🤷🏻‍♂️
Enjoy 😊

Hello and welcome my bit of advice is to use the wildcamping app to check out overnight stops in the area you're travelling and use an old large scale map book to write them onto as back up in case there's no phone reception put a Star next to really good ones

Hi my name is Derek , new to this group and motorhoming , just purchased an old Fiat motor home had it serviced etc and hope to get away soon , any advice
Hi Derek If your van has not got an uptodate Habitation check, get it done this will possibly save future problems when you start using it.
also being in a Motorhome Club can be very helpfull becuse often there will be lke minded members to help and give advice,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back