New to Motorhoming as well as a new member

Thats interesting. Is this something you can buy off the shelf? My regulators are the old style flying saucer type.
I am pretty sure it is pretty easy to get the parts. I don't know the official name of the parts but basically a t-piece into the main regulator and then a host and gas reg for each cylinder for the t-connections.
I didn't actually buy the tee to do this as the used refillable kit I got included the t-piece and a extra hose.

(I initially had it likes yours, but then wondered after a while why not get another reg and use the tee and hose I had :) )

I am pretty sure it is pretty easy to get the parts. I don't know the official name of the parts but basically a t-piece into the main regulator and then a host and gas reg for each cylinder for the t-connections.
I didn't actually buy the tee to do this as the used refillable kit I got included the t-piece and a extra hose.

(I initially had it likes yours, but then wondered after a while why not get another reg and use the tee and hose I had :) )

I guess I could just use one of these. I would still have to take the regulator off the Calor though when I exchange it which actually would knacker the job as the gas would just flow straight out from the Gaslow. I think ill leave it as it is. :ROFLMAO:

From a practical point of view, for the two of us we use between 15 and 20 litres water a day, in winter 2-3kg gas daily, and around 25 to 30ah of power from the battery daily. Toilet needs emptying every 2 to 3 days.

Depending on the capacities of the van this will give you some idea how long you can wildcamp before you need a water tap and a gas bottle exchange. Battery can be topped up by running engine for 30-45minutes.
Everyone’s uses and needs are different though so I still think it best to try the van before doing anything.

Me and the two dogs can manage in about 4litres of water a day no problem, 6kg of gas allows me at least 31 days of cooking but I use 65ah per day of electric so carry and use a generator.

With just me in the van I can go weeks before needing to empty the cassette. Can easily stand for two weeks without moving in winter.

Ideally get the tee piece with non return valves in or the manual switch over I think it’s called. May be selling an 11kg Gaslow and manual switch over but not decided yet

Ideally get the tee piece with non return valves in or the manual switch over I think it’s called. May be selling an 11kg Gaslow and manual switch over but not decided yet
Good advice :)
I did ultimately add a pair of gauges that incorporate automatic shut-off valves when there is no gas pressure on the supply side, but even so I would not leave the regulators unconnected.
Plan to visit Charlie to arrange a replacement Truma Regulator (time expired) and depending on his feedback/comments, possibly update tee as well?

Hi there, I live in Carlisle. At the moment I am rebuilding my self build van, so not travelling just now, although I am hoping to get to the Lochore meet in April. Get your van and use it right away, then you can see what upgrades you might want doing. I spend quite a lot of time in Dumfrieshire, and look forward to meeting up, welcome to the forum👍

Go for a underslung gas tank and use the old locker for the standard calor cyl, and yes a 2 way valve from each cyl to the regulator, saves a lot of hastle.

Hi I’m after a 11kg gas low to upgrade my existing 7kg

my intention is to move around off-grid and avoid campsites as much as p[ossible, only to spend the occassional night if necessary to water up etc
I like the idea of a solar system.
I am 67 with some health issues (most of my lung is missing to be honest after having TB in Indonesia in 2016)
so i will need to find someone to help me set this up properly and possibly get someone to checkover everything else like and leaks condensation issues. i know that the toilet door no longer was a good fit, but that is being done, but i am worried that this is a sign of damp
Can anyone suggest where i can get these checks done - I am near Dumfries
East Neuk caravans get good reviews though not used myself

Welcome.

You'll do just fine, if you have an issue or don’t understand something then just ask on here.

But remember, avoid advise from Rob on Monday mornings (he’s great the rest of the week)

Its important to avoid not asking and making a mistake that costs you time or money.
i’m struggling to get the app working, has not received a book yet is this correct?

Hi Madj,

I don’t use the location app myself, not sure about any book but go to top right of the screen and select search, then search member.

enter Admin and search, once your search results are on the screen press the admin logo, then select start conversation send Admin (Phil) a message / question about the app and he’ll get you sorted.

welcome aboard btw

East Neuk caravans get good reviews though not used myself
Hi, you’ve possibly got all your bits and pieces seen to, if not I can recommend Caravana at Lochmaben, Kevin is very good although always very busy !

I can get hold of really good Lithium 200ah batteries quite cheap £380 - are these a better solution to store power?
My very strong advice is not to buy anything at all until you are certain you need it.

You will need space and payload more than stuff that's not vital.

Your van isn't new. Things will go wrong. Keep the money for dealing with that.

Get used to the van and learn its strengths and weaknesses.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back