New site - West Wales - eye watering prices!

We have been out since the first week in June down to Cornwall and back up as far as Hartlepool for the Tall Ships race and only doing 1 nights WC. Van 2 people, awning, trailer and 2 motorcycles with prices ranging from £8 to £20pn some including EHU. We got on Hendra Newquay for 2 weeks @ £15pn inc EHU. It can be done at a reasonable price if you think outside the box a little. A lot on here are members of various clubs so should use the offers and any rallies that are taking place all over the country nearly every week.

Article in today's Guardian/Observer. 'Wales attracts less than 2% of spend by Tourists in UK'. Well, with prices like these, admitted poor infrastructure and poor communication between the various Tourism bodies, not to mention local authorities banning motorhome tourists, could the Welsh attitude be regarded as something of an own goal?

Don't keep the welcome in the hillside; make it available to the visitors and visible/accessible to them!

Steve

Hendra Newquay for 2 weeks @ £15pn inc EHU.
Was that one of the THS's they have? It's been over 40 years since we stayed at Hendra (back in our tenting days), I've seen it come up on list of THS's and wondered if there's some catch as it seems so cheap compared to their normal prices.
Gulp, I've just realised last time we stayed there was 46 years ago, then we started staying around west pentire.

Was that one of the THS's they have? It's been over 40 years since we stayed at Hendra (back in our tenting days), I've seen it come up on list of THS's and wondered if there's some catch as it seems so cheap compared to their normal prices.
Gulp, I've just realised last time we stayed there was 46 years ago, then we started staying around west pentire.
|No not a THS It was a MCC rally on the campsite.

Last edited:
The cafe will make money, the visitor centre will double up as reception, the onsite shop will probably be in the same building, and will make money, free wifi at visitor centre, costs virtually nothing to supply, and note the land and water activities extra charges apply.
As for the the adventure playground most campsites have something similar, and the mountain bike trails will be available to the public.

Sensible reply.

Looks brilliant, think we`ll have a couple of weeks there mid August.

Not mucking about so i`ll have the hardstanding all in pitch with awning because the weather will be fantastic :cool:

Our last wardening job had expensive pitches £35 plus these were fully serviced and extremely large. These pitches always sold out first …

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back