new sign up at st andrews

mitch7880

i am just back from st andrews and on monday the coucil put a no overnight sign at the begining of w sands rd i stayed 3 days no probs

st andrews sign

sorry i dont have a picture but a local i spoke to thought it could be because of the open golf but it is a solid looking sign it is blue and white

Ignore the sign and carry on regardless. It was always going to happen with the amount of M/H using it.

There always was a sign up , I think we are just noticing this one as it's brand new whereas the old one was all battered and usually turned to face the opposite way.

Come to think of it, we seen the sign just before the little roundabout as you head in, didn't pay any attention to it neither did any of the other campers that were there a few weeks ago.

As per previous posts think the sign has been there all along ,never had any bother even when the local fuzz popped along they acknowledged me and carried on.will not stop us from going ,think it might be to stop certain campers!

I presume there was not any hassle with the vans that were there last night by any officials?

Not that I saw.
And no boy racers throughout the night either.

They've (the golf course presumably) cordoned off the furthest down toilet block... but you can drive around the barriers to have a relatively comfortable poo in peace if you want.

I assume , like elsewhere , this sign is put up to pacify the locals and , maybe , scare us off ?

So, according to their wording - perfectly OK for Motorcaravans, or if you want to use terms that don't exist, campervans, to sleep overnight?

What a load of rubbish lol.

It's a new sign indeed, not the same be I seen a few weeks ago, and as suggested won't affect my motorcaravan just motorhomes, tents and caravans lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back