New north East

Wez

Hi all,

Just joined up.

I'm wez (if you didnt guess), 28 from Gateshead.

Love getting away for weekends when i can - but was getting sick of tents.
So just bought a 1997 Nissan Cargo with 1yr mot, 97000 miles for £500 - then converted it for comfortable living over the past week or so on the evenings after work.

all insulated, ply lined, 6ft seat that folds out to a double bed.
spilt charging a 12v bus battery with 14" TFT screen, dvd/mp3, led downlighters etc......

no water/fridge/cooker yet but coolbox and camping stove is fine for now.

My friend also has a ex AA VW T4 bus with a rock n roll bed etc.

looking to get away when i can

great site folks, lots of good info and spectacular pics, hope i can visit some of the locations soon.

regards

Hi Wez, welcome in, nice to see yet another self builder, we've gone the same route, got sick of cold tents with not much shelter from the rain :D nice to see you've got the essentials in already "14" TFT screen, dvd" :D, well you have to have some entertainment when the sun go's down

i guess you have a tranny by your avatar?

i would have loved one to convert - im a bit of an old skool ford petrolhead if the truth be known.
But my neighbours are a bit funny round my way - they would complain at a transit in the street, i think i should get away with this little nissan ok though.

I'm hoping to get a TV tuner soon also, so i dont miss Top Gear while i'm away LOL

we're fairly lucky here, there's about 8-9 transits on our street, one bloke down the road has 2 :D, we was going to go for a vw t45 but though id would be a little cramped for us, plus I really wanted a transit and fell lucky with this one. Had it about 4 months now and about 90% finished the build, we have a modern(80's) 5" b&w tv :D which will be upgraded to an lcd one in the very near future as F1 is a little dull in B&W lol

hi topsy - thanks :cool:
been anywhere nice locally overnight lately?

simon
transits are a great van, ample room inside, plenty on the road so never look out of place and loads of parts, and theres always someone who can fix a transit with cableties and gaffer tape to get you home :D

snooker is worse on B&W :D

apart from a couple of pub car parks we've mainly been on camp sites - our van sits six but sleeps two, so we need the awning up when we have the kids and their mates with us.

when out and about we can usually be found in weardale or teesdale, if you see us pop in for a cuppa!:D

apart from a couple of pub car parks we've mainly been on camp sites - our van sits six but sleeps two, so we need the awning up when we have the kids and their mates with us.

when out and about we can usually be found in weardale or teesdale, if you see us pop in for a cuppa!:D

cool, i'm thinking bollihope area for my first 'wild camp' in a few weeks.
Shall pop and say hi if i see you, i guess your dub bus is the one in the avatar?

Mines a little white nissan with alloy wheels and rust, so likewise, if you spot me, come say hi :D

aye it is, green and white flowery! not good for discreet parking, but she gets at least a smile a mile!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back