Gwyneth

We are planning to go to Scotland for 9-10 days at Whit. The route we would like to take with stops on the way etc would be from Gretna (our first stop) through Loch Lomond, Oban, Fort William and Inverness.Allowing 2 days for the return journey home(merseyside). I would appreciate if anyone knows of wild camping spots around these areas as this is our first attempt at it in our Motorhome
:)

scottish tour

welcome ,there are loads of wild camping spots listed on this site. if you have time i would suggest you travel from fortwilliam to inverness on the smaller road that runs up the east side of Loch ness, rather than the main route on the west. the smaller road is much more interesting and leisurely.have a great trip

Any idea what the mileage is going to be for your jaunt Gwyneth? ... Oh and WELCOME to the madhouse:D

Gwyneth said:
We are planning to go to Scotland for 9-10 days at Whit. The route we would like to take with stops on the way etc would be from Gretna (our first stop) through Loch Lomond, Oban, Fort William and Inverness.Allowing 2 days for the return journey home(merseyside). I would appreciate if anyone knows of wild camping spots around these areas as this is our first attempt at it in our Motorhome
:)
Welcome Gwyneth:)

Ft William

Greetings and welcome Gwyneth.
Here's a place for you to try, really quiet and easy to get to...
Heading North from Onich at the first roundabout before entering Ft William turn left and keep going.

welcome gwyneth
welcome.gif

Ft William

Journeyman said:
Greetings and welcome Gwyneth.
Here's a place for you to try, really quiet and easy to get to...
Heading North from Onich at the first roundabout before entering Ft William turn left and keep going.
and you should find yourself here....

Attachments

• FT WILLIAM HINTER LAND.jpg
    FT WILLIAM HINTER LAND.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 121
Welcome. I stand corrected if I'm wrong, but I think Scotland is now a wild campers dream, since a change in Scottish law opened up the land to the people.

Do beware of wild haggis. Like monkeys in a safari park they can tear your van to bits!!! They can sense a heater vent or warm engine from miles away, and keep you awake all night with their mating rituals.

Voxy.

roundabouts

journeyman, have you ever tried turning right and up hill at the roundabout immediately south of fort william town centre( don't have a map to be more specific) it goes for miles into the hills and feels really remote. plenty of good "wilding"

virgil said:
That was always the part of the WMSP that I used to hate...
my mate went last week and said there are no monkeys anymore?????
untitled-15.jpg

Wrong Turn

Gweneth.
Sorry about that! You should turn right at the roundabout, if you turn left you'll be in the drink!!! Surprised this wasn't spotted by the thread hijackers...

wrong turn

wrong turns can sometimes be interesting . found some of my best wild sites this way. maybe a suitable thread "my most memorable wrong turn"?

sammclouis said:
my mate went last week and said there are no monkeys anymore?????
untitled-15.jpg

That's why I used the past tense Samm! I am lucky as I get a press pass to admit 1 vehicle to the WMSP from opening in April through to Nov 2nd! We usually go at least three times a year!

virgil said:
That's why I used the past tense Samm! I am lucky as I get a press pass to admit 1 vehicle to the WMSP from opening in April through to Nov 2nd! We usually go at least three times a year!
i know what you mean iv done many a coach trip here....boring he he :D
but iv not been here in a while as i got a different job now...yeeee haaaa ha ha
but this place along with alton towers & drayton manor park.....you seriously can go too many times :eek: :eek: :eek:
i ended up like this:-
untitled-17.jpg

Cute

sammclouis said:
i know what you mean iv done many a coach trip here....boring he he :D
but iv not been here in a while as i got a different job now...yeeee haaaa ha ha
but this place along with alton towers & drayton manor park.....you seriously can go too many times :eek: :eek: :eek:
i ended up like this:
untitled-17.jpg
Very cute I think!:cool:

Thanks to everyone who replied with info on wild camping in scotland and just to say hello. I am still trying to fathom out how to use the site etc, but am enjoying looking through the different forums. Great

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back