New member in northumberland.

Stu2

Hi, started with a renault master campervan last summer following a great trip in my sons 30 year old talbot camelot and have had few great breaks wildcamping lockdowns allowing. Before that enjoyed many weekends in my dads mates blue transit devon in the 1970s! Have found the forum very helpful since last year. We are based near chesters roman fort on hadrians wall. We have a 3 acre field on the river north tyne and hope to open to a small number of self contained vans in a week or so for people who want a quiet off road stopover. I dont want to break any forum rules regarding this so any advice from moderators welcome before i post any details?

Many thanks stu

North East rocks welcome to jewel in the North East crown.

Hello Stu, welcome aboard (from North County Durham) (y) ;)

I would say post away as your offering is very much appreciated, more details would be good.

I'd wait and see what the moderators say first, but I don't see why not? :unsure:

Hi many thanks for the welcome. The popup overnight park up field is almost ready. Still not decided on charge but If any full members on here want a free night over the next 10 days to help "test" then please feel free to pm me and ill give you details. Note location suits campervans and not sure access suitable for big motorhomes over 6m. Must be self contained and no children but we do have water. Fire pits welcome. Will post more details elsewhere on forum once everything sorted.
Cheers stu and sue
DSC_2166.jpeg
DSC_2163.jpeg

Sounds great. Maybe post some photos of the access. You will be surprised where some of us have had our 7m+ vans or see if you can get some of the members with large motorhomes to give it a go.

As regards charges, it sounds to me a bit like a no frills CL or CS type site. Waste and water only? Thats great for motorhomes IMO as most of us dont want to be paying for facilities we dont use. A typical CL with just basic facilities is anything from about £8 to £12 I think (Sometimes a bit less and sometimes a bit more).

Cheers Barry will post pic later. Note we wont have grey or black waste facility. Only self contained campervans, no caravans.
Stu

Cheers Barry will post pic later. Note we wont have grey or black waste facility. Only self contained campervans, no caravans.
Stu

oh ok. Thats still fine as you say for self contained motorhomes, they just need to come equipped for a few days stay. Grey water on CL's and farm fields etc the farmer will often tell you just to dump it in a hedge or long grass rather than fill his sceptic tank with it so maybe you could advise that. Most vans should be able to go three to four days before emptying the loo or filling water is needed. With no facilities I would say a tenner or under really.

Hi and welcome from Co Antrim, do get you a-s here someday, loads of places to wild. (y)

I would get my 7m Van in there no bother at all. I would be tempted to come up and give it a go but we are off to Flamborough head shortly and the Scottish Isles after that but if we can fit in a trip to Northumberland ill be in touch.

Welcome to the forum.

Looks a lovely spot which I would willingly pay for as a stopover on our way to Scotland.

No worries. One member hopefully going to have a go next week! Still finalising plans but at moment to comply with planning etc we are looking at max 3 vans per night for the 56 nights allowed under permitted development. That gives each van a huge space apart from each other on the flat bit or much more if go further up the less flat end as field is about 3rd of a mile long. Fishing and canoeing possible though levels low at moment and i need to see where day fishing permits can be purchased. More details to follow in separate thread in week or so once weve finalised.
Cheers stu

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back