Need to learn (Wild Camping)

PETER7572

Hi everyone.

I am a new registered user, I hope to learn from the experience of others.
Right now I am trying to find an overnight stop around Marple, for use in the summer.

Best regards Peter. :)

Last edited:
Hello Peter, and welcome to the site. I'm afraid I can't personally help you on this one, but I'm sure there will be someone along very soon who will.
Enjoy your wanderings, and stay safe.

Jackie ;)

Hello there
In Marple, Stockport, you can park at Ridge view car park, overlooking the hills and the canal. Follow the road down from Ridge Danyers college main campus (I think this is called Hibbert Lane) and then follow the road around onto the moor. It's a nice spot, but might be slightly sloping in places. There are some ace pubs in Marple by the way!

There may be some other spots on the main road going out out of Marple, by the canal (go past the Navigation pub on the corner and follow the road around). At a push, you'd probably be OK at either train station (Rose Hill or Marple Central). There's pubs by both :)

I've not been there for a few years, but I went to college there and have many happy memories. I grew up not very far away in Reddish/Denton, before moving down to Plymouth :)

Happy wilding :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back