Near me or not?

suneye

Hi I cannot get the poi map to locate me. The near me button doesn’t work. I have tried going into my settings to turn on location but only the old app icon comes up. Any advice?

If like me just bury your head i am computer illeterate

Hi I cannot get the poi map to locate me. The near me button doesn’t work. I have tried going into my settings to turn on location but only the old app icon comes up. Any advice?
Remove the old app and reboot the phone the new app works from the WC website so no need to download. See if that helps?

You need to uninstall the old app and set up the new Location App, details below.

You need to uninstall the old app and set up the new Location App, details below.

Some of us are more manual workers and still clueless - rather change a timing belt

Some of us are more manual workers and still clueless - rather change a timing belt

If you`re at a loose end you change change mine next year if you want 2006 Peugeot Boxer 2.8 HDi 90,000 miles (y)

Chuck a water pump on as well whilst everything is off as well please :)

If you`re at a loose end you change change mine next year if you want 2006 Peugeot Boxer 2.8 HDi 90,000 miles (y)

Chuck a water pump on as well whilst everything is off as well please :)
Well release engine mount and do it fairly easy job if you are careful

Thanks everyone done all this still not working. Not the end of the world but would be a useful feature if it worked

You need to enable location services for Safari.

You need to enable location services for Safari.
Yep works for google maps and stuff
8E15408B-0BAD-45DB-852F-B18C1939EE34.jpeg
8E15408B-0BAD-45DB-852F-B18C1939EE34.jpeg

But as I said I can’t get it to appear in my list I have deleted it and reinstalled switched phone on and off
F694B28B-2AF7-4391-B6B1-082838F7B617.jpeg
F694B28B-2AF7-4391-B6B1-082838F7B617.jpeg

Hello,

There are two sections where you need to enable location services for safari:

first, goto settings, then privacy, then click on location services.

IMG_2045.PNG

Make sure location services is enabled
Scroll down on this page until you find Safari you can then change the settings for Safari.

IMG_2046.PNG

Now going back to the main settings page (not the privacy page) and scroll down until you see Safari it should be near translate and maps. It is not near the apps you have installed. Then click on it.

IMG_2042.PNG

Here scroll down to "settings for websites" and click location.

IMG_2043.PNG

You can now change the location settings for Safari.

IMG_2044.PNG

Please check to make sure that the settings are as shown in the images above.

Phil

Hi Phil thanks for your help. Does this mean I have allowed all websites to use locations? Sue

Hi Phil, I've done all the above but still unable to locate ?

And still can't find the app in settings like Suneye previously?

Last edited:
Hi Phil, I've done all the above but still unable to locate ?

And still can't find the app in settings like Suneye previously?
Suneye has the app working now.

Have you enabled location services for Safari in both the place shown in the image above?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back