navpal

tony

my navpal will turn on but i can't get past the opening screen
anyone got any ideas please ?
thanks
tony

Have you tried Navpal customer support?

Did you contact their support?I emailed them late last night with a couple of questions and they got back to me first thing this morning.

You might as well use a tablet. I have a Samsung 8.9 screen. CoPilot works well so does the free version of IGO Nextgen which you can get at gpspower dot net. Loads of others to chose from including Wales and Google maps.

We used a tablet in our old van,but when we were away in October in the new van I used my phone linked to the head set which worked but my phone was plugged in all the time and was getting quite warm,we used Google maps but you can't programme in the dimensions of the van and had a few tight squeezes and had to reverse a couple of times due to low bridges.
Our new van has a sat nav system in it but with no maps card which is about £200 and according to the dealer we got the van from it's not very good,so I'll keep the £200 and look for an alternative.
We uses to use a Garmin sat nav but same problem not being able to put in the dimensions and as soon as we came off the ferry or train it went tips up even although I updated the maps before we left.
I'll have a look at the others you mentioned. Thanks

We used a tablet in our old van,but when we were away in October in the new van I used my phone linked to the head set which worked but my phone was plugged in all the time and was getting quite warm,we used Google maps but you can't programme in the dimensions of the van and had a few tight squeezes and had to reverse a couple of times due to low bridges.
Our new van has a sat nav system in it but with no maps card which is about £200 and according to the dealer we got the van from it's not very good,so I'll keep the £200 and look for an alternative.
We uses to use a Garmin sat nav but same problem not being able to put in the dimensions and as soon as we came off the ferry or train it went tips up even although I updated the maps before we left.
I'll have a look at the others you mentioned. Thanks
Garmin do sell satnavs that can be programmed with vehicle dimensions and weights for routeing purposes. I have used a Garmin (car) satnav in UK and Europe that has worked fine on leaving ferries (once it had acquired satellites as I drove towards border control).

One of the biggest problems with the Truck versions is the routing. They seem to want to stick to A Roads and Motorways. We have family in Hull and sometimes go downto the river to park. I know the way and there is nothing that is alarming. The roads are quite passable, there is a village and a few shops and a railway bridge. The way I go is 3.5 miles. The truck satnav is nearer 7. So some 4 miles further.

I use MyRouteApp, it has the ability to enter your vehicle dimensions and weight. All height and weight restrictions are shown on the map. I have been using it since day one when we toured on the motorbike (y) You can plan you're routes on the laptop/PC using Google maps, TomTom maps, Here (Garmin) maps plus a load more including Michelin maps and they automatically show up in the app for you to follow 🤔 They have a lifetime subscription offer on to celebrate their ten years and you can try it for free for two weeks.

Regards,
Del

navpal update.
i had the navpal checked out & was told it was something like a sensor for the touch screen needed replacing & it would cost 120 euro.
navpal customer said similar.
tony

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back