Nationwide breakdown cover

So this is taken from boundless page. would be ok if I didn't need eu cover... it's a add on to lv cover... plus it's now £32 membership ( which looks like a open deal) when it was csma there were limits of who could join.... that's progress I suppose.
Screenshot_20221204-140145_Chrome.jpg

I am incorrect, We are with Brittania, but we are not with CSMA or Boundless.

Heres the letter

Here's your breakdown cover renewal - at your
Boundless member rate
Dear Mr
Thanks for buying our breakdown cover last year. For this year, you don’t need
to do anything, we will automatically renew your policy and your cover will
continue unless you cancel. Please keep your documents safe, as you won’t
receive anything further. You can opt out of automatic renewal at any time on
lv.com/boundless/renew-form or by phone up until the day before your renewal
is due.
This letter confirms that you are covered until 23:59 on 2 May 2023 once
payment is taken.
Policy No: 13966036
Policy renewal date: 3 May 2022
Your renewal price, cover details and payment method are displayed overleaf.
Your renewal price for the next 12 months is £95.00. Your price last year was
£95.00.
You have been with us for a number of years. You may be able to get the
insurance cover you want at a better price if you shop around. Make sure you
compare the level of cover being offered as well as the price.
As agreed with you, we'll renew your policy by Credit card, on or shortly after 3
May 2022. If your card has changed, your card provider may have given us new
details which are shown overleaf.

Your renewal details
Policy No:
Policy Renewal Date:

3 May 2022
Comprehensive Cover on:
Personal Cover: Yes
Premium Details
Comprehensive Cover Cost: £65.00
Personal Cover Cost: £30.00
TOTAL AMOUNT YOU PAY:
(includes Insurance Premium Tax)

£95.00

I think a few of us use the Nationwide Flex account to get breakdown cover for our Mohos. I do. But last week the missus's car broke down, I went out and fixed it but she said, what if I wasn't about would the Nationwide cover work? We don't have a joint account with Nationwide. Phoned them, message just said refer to website, no humans available 😡
Anyone know the answer, I couldn't see it on their site.
The answer to your question is simple - she is not covered, only you. If you had a joint account with her, then BOTH of you are covered in any vehicle.

Change the policy to a Joint Account. The cost is the same, and the various Flex+ benefits will apply to you both. RIght now, she will gain from NO Flex+ features (so no travel insurance and no phone insurance either).
EDIT: The Breakdown cover is for the policyholder(s) only. However, the other Benefits - Travel and Phone Insurance - apply to the whole family (partner and dependant children).

I got a Flex+ Account primarily for MH Cover, and got a Joint Account specifically for the reasons above.

Last edited:
I think a few of us use the Nationwide Flex account to get breakdown cover for our Mohos. I do. But last week the missus's car broke down, I went out and fixed it but she said, what if I wasn't about would the Nationwide cover work? We don't have a joint account with Nationwide. Phoned them, message just said refer to website, no humans available 😡
Anyone know the answer, I couldn't see it on their site.
The bit on the website is this:

To get FlexPlus breakdown cover​

You need to:
  • have a FlexPlus account.
  • be a UK resident.
and ....

Cover for both of your vehicles with a joint account
If you have a joint FlexPlus current account, both you and the other account holder have breakdown cover for all your vehicles.

Our youngest has just renewed his personal cover with rac, 90 summit quid,. Covers him in any vehicle UpTo 3.5tonne , home start and recovery anywhere in uk. With local garages basic larbour charge at 70 quid an hour I think it's good value. Wife an I have joint cover with AA.

Last time I checked the cover offered with our bank accounts was basic roadside assist.

Our youngest has just renewed his personal cover with rac, 90 summit quid,. Covers him in any vehicle UpTo 3.5tonne , home start and recovery anywhere in uk. With local garages basic larbour charge at 70 quid an hour I think it's good value. Wife an I have joint cover with AA.

Last time I checked the cover offered with our bank accounts was basic roadside assist.
That's expensive compared with Brittania rescue, £95 we're both covered in anything up to 7.5 t.

The bit on the website is this:

To get FlexPlus breakdown cover​

You need to:
  • have a FlexPlus account.
  • be a UK resident.
and ....

Cover for both of your vehicles with a joint account
If you have a joint FlexPlus current account, both you and the other account holder have breakdown cover for all your vehicles.
Gonna be a lot cheaper to let her get here own insurance than let here have access to my account 😀!

Gonna be a lot cheaper to let her get here own insurance than let here have access to my account 😀!
Your thread actually reminded me I have a FlexAccount! Got a new phone a few days ago and installing all the banking apps and totally forgot about the Nationwide one!! After you posted, I went to look for my card and no idea where it is so had to report it Lost/Stolen last night to get a new one sent out (Nationwide are maybe the only bank that still use those little card machines so you need the physical card to use a lot of the app features - a right pain).

Mine was opened literally for the breakdown cover - £13 a month with Euro Cover for any vehicle for two people is good value when you need cover for a >3,5t Motorhome. The Travel insurance and phone insurance is just a free bonus.

Your thread actually reminded me I have a FlexAccount! Got a new phone a few days ago and installing all the banking apps and totally forgot about the Nationwide one!! After you posted, I went to look for my card and no idea where it is so had to report it Lost/Stolen last night to get a new one sent out (Nationwide are maybe the only bank that still use those little card machines so you need the physical card to use a lot of the app features - a right pain).

Mine was opened literally for the breakdown cover - £13 a month with Euro Cover for any vehicle for two people is good value when you need cover for a >3,5t Motorhome. The Travel insurance and phone insurance is just a free bonus.
Exactly the same here 4.05T Van. When I first opened the account there was a payback thing of about £6 /month so the full EU wide and home start cover worked out really cheap, still not a bad price with the the other insurance included @ 156/yr.

Nat west and Barclays too David.

I was responding to this Dave

(Nationwide are maybe the only bank that still use those little card machines so you need the physical card to use a lot of the app features - a right pain).

I opened a Flex account a while back and thought on to sort the travel insurance last week because we are away to Lanzarote for a week and we both crossed the 70yr line earlier this year. Pleased to see it was only £65 for both of us. So, with the joint account charges and the over 70 supplement the total annual cost is £221 for personal cover on any vehicle for the pair of us (our van is 4.5t) and worldwide travel insurance and all the other gubbins like phone cover, which will never be used.

That'll do.

Cheers

H

I was responding to this Dave

(Nationwide are maybe the only bank that still use those little card machines so you need the physical card to use a lot of the app features - a right pain).
Ahh. Gotcha. :)
I spoke to someone from Nationwide after posting that to get a id number and asked them about the readers and if they are getting rid sometime. Apparently they are slowly being phased out - and when I reregistered on the App, I was presented with an option of using the reader or having an OTP texted to me. So given two choices is nice to have there (and the OTP was good as I no longer have a card to put in the reader and if I did, I no lomger know my PIN to use it :( )

I have a Barclaycard (no Barclays bank acc) recently changed cards and was given option of continuing using website and having to get m/c, or phone app with no m/c.

I was just searching for a radiator key this afto and found three of those card machines in the drawer, Nat West Barclays & HSBC

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back