Nationwide breakdown cover

yeoblade

I think a few of us use the Nationwide Flex account to get breakdown cover for our Mohos. I do. But last week the missus's car broke down, I went out and fixed it but she said, what if I wasn't about would the Nationwide cover work? We don't have a joint account with Nationwide. Phoned them, message just said refer to website, no humans available 😡
Anyone know the answer, I couldn't see it on their site.

My reading is that if you are the registered owner or you are in the vehicle then you have cover;otherwise - no cover.

"What's not included

Exclusions and limitations apply to some types of cover. Always check the policy documents for full details. Some of the key exclusions are:
  • Vehicles not registered to the account holder(s) unless the account holder(s) is in the vehicle at the time of breakdown and when help arrives."

We got fed up of all of them about ten years ago and some one asked if I'd ever worked for a governement department, I said does Strangeways count :D :D I had worked briefly for Parcel farce and that did so I went with what was called CSMA then but is now Boundless they privde out breakdown cover and we havebeen rescued 3 time and had no complaints, we are both covered in any vehicle under 7.5t even as a passenger not sure about EU as we've not needed it.

We got fed up of all of them about ten years ago and some one asked if I'd ever worked for a governement department, I said does Strangeways count :D :D I had worked briefly for Parcel farce and that did so I went with what was called CSMA then but is now Boundless they privde out breakdown cover and we havebeen rescued 3 time and had no complaints, we are both covered in any vehicle under 7.5t even as a passenger not sure about EU as we've not needed it.

We are members of csma and never knew it covered breakdowns..
Just kept it for the legal cover so it's not needed on insurance policies..
If I've wasted £69 per year with comfort insurance for eu breakdown cover I won't be impressed......
It will teach me to read the small print..

I have my van and car with AIB, just been off the ph regarding home ins, no mission as I work from home and had also to do a bit of underpinning to the porch, wanted £700, went with my old co,£301, still think it is robbery.

If I've wasted £69 per year with comfort insurance for eu breakdown cover I won't be impressed......
Yes, they use Brittania Rescue, covered by Liverpool Victoria insurance group, no vehicles of their own but they only use the bigger recovery companies so if they need a low loader etc they have plenty to choose from.

Oddly we are not covered for some reason we let it expire, Lizs fault she only sees the sense of breakdown cover once they pick us up, not paying to make sure we're covered stupid girl.

I got a renewal quote in for my works van it was £760… £100 more than last year tried all the comparison sites. Then I tried direct line got the same cover if not better for £350 then done my other van that I was quoted £500 got that for £280 from direct line. I then changed the house insurance to them saved another £350 on that with better cover wife’s car renewal came in £380 got a quote from direct line £240. So I would advice anyone to give them a try when renewing insurance for cars or houses.

Funny they are alwasy too expensive for us, I tend to go with the lowest 5 star defacto quote from Asda.

I say I am partially deaf and cannot understand them & ask to speak to someone in England who is English and Speaks English

Last edited:
not just you all of us. big or small ok.pj.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back