my trailer build start to finish

don't trailers have to be homologated now ?
certainly in france home built have been banned for many years , just like towbars

Well done on the trailer and thanks for the photos. Lots of ideas for people to follow - I wish I had your welding skills though!

Nice job...I like the fact you have used a lot of recycled parts...I wish i had a workshop :hammer:

Nice job...I like the fact you have used a lot of recycled parts...I wish i had a workshop :hammer:
you could always build it in the kitchen and put it together in the living room:mad1:

brill job well done ,two slight probs ,hidrolic brakes not alowed on trailers in uk,also if fog light on car ,must be on trailer to.
if been pulled on this in my boat biz with american boat trailers with hidro brakes by the pigs,mat never hapen to you though,good luck.

it has a fog light ,, red led.s fitted inside of offside rear versing light
plus the law on fog lights are on the writh of the trailer

see for yourself Trailer Maintenance - Trailer Lights & Regulations

the trailer only weighs bout 700 kg depending on what you want to take and how much you fill tanks ect ect (as it can carry 80ltr fuel/water at back and water tank can take 40ltrin the front under cooker

so brakes are not really needed

plus thats one item that isent finished yet but it does have a hand brakes and towing chaines

thanks for your intreast

sorry mist the fog light 475 klos and brakes required,thats about 5 or six bags of cement in a small trailer.
all trailers have to be curtified now but i got round this by telling police it was built before cut of date,a way round silly rules
heres a pick of my home built tri axal boat trailer ,bit fuzzy but here we go

Attachments

• Scanned Document.jpg
    Scanned Document.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 138
its not a new trailer it started life as a traffic light trailer made by pike
L]
I think it is great and very well made, I noticed you said the weight didn't need brakes, correct but if you decide not to have them connected remove the brakes and back plate, if they are fitted they have to work
Your trailer has made me think, I have a Motorhome but love cooking outside, I have a small metal trailer (ex trailer tent) that I could put a gas grill, barbecue, sink etc on and it would give me the extra storage we sometimes need, I will start planning after Xmas

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back