My next two months are in Ireland

Canalsman

I shall be adding as many new places as possible to the POIs so if you're heading this way make sure you check on the app.

It's going to be a bit of a scattergun trip but I'm starting from Rosslare.

If you know of any spots that are not included in the POIs it would be of great benefit to me and others if you can add them. Cheers!

I shall be adding as many new places as possible to the POIs so if you're heading this way make sure you check on the app.

If you know of any spots that are not included in the POIs it would be of great benefit to me and others if you can add them. Cheers!
When you land turn right and hit the top, very famus people up there you know, have a good trip. (y)

I used to go out with a burd fae Donegal they are mad steer clear. 😉 put me off the Irish accent for years, i then ended up marrying an Irish girl fae the south.🙈
I should have added the I.O.M. is a bad place that's where I met both of them. 😂
We were not in the van but visiting Mary Dolls folks and drove to the Dingle peninsula at Inch beach for a day out and noticed a few vans parked up may be worth a visit if that far down. That's where they filmed the horses running along the shore line on the Guinness advert, I see they tried similar in London yesterday but not with the same effect.🤷‍♂️

We are going to Rosslare too. Wondered if they check your fridge or ask if you have milk or meat on board - what do we know? Thinking of taking the stuff we want to keep us going for a while so as not to have to do a shop the minute we arrive...

There was me thinking that you were there to get a leg over a motorcycle. ;)
Here is a pic of the bottom of bray hill for ye trev.
Screenshot_20240426_163941_Facebook.jpg

We are going to Rosslare too. Wondered if they check your fridge or ask if you have milk or meat on board - what do we know? Thinking of taking the stuff we want to keep us going for a while so as not to have to do a shop the minute we arrive...
No checks of any kind...

I would love to go to Ireland but I am afraid it will rain all the time and the ferry is expensive, however I hope you have a wonderful time.

I would love to go to Ireland but I am afraid it will rain all the time and the ferry is expensive, however I hope you have a wonderful time.
The ferry isn't expensive, leastways compared with Dover-Calais.

I have crossed both routes within the past couple of weeks and the price was almost exactly the same.

Granted I chose the 1.30am sailing from Fishguard to reduce the cost. If you crossed in the daytime it is dearer. I chose to take a pet cabin so that added £75...

The ferry isn't expensive, leastways compared with Dover-Calais.

I have crossed both routes within the past couple of weeks and the price was almost exactly the same.

Granted I chose the 1.30am sailing from Fishguard to reduce the cost. If you crossed in the daytime it is dearer. I chose to take a pet cabin so that added £75...
That's the ferry price sorted, now If you can fix the weather too ..... I'd go.

It's worth going even if it rains. The west coast weather tends to blow through fairly fast. Ferry is expensive. Quite a bit cheaper with caravan club or camping and caravan club.
Only problem is you'll keep wanting to go back!

If you go to Valentia and find a good spot or two I’d be greatful as I’m off there in July.

about ten years ago we were over in june went to the most southerl point where the first transcontinental call was made overnighted on the port , walking the dog next morning chatted to a local commenting on the beautiful weather he replied “ it's good that you’ve come now we have summer early in these parts “

Back