My new van for new camper project

Thanks Clarkie that was very informative,the general consensus seem to be have a go at flogging the caravan then look for a cheaper one,it makes sense really ,then I can use the money from the sale to buy some new appliances whilst using all the bits and pieces and some of the furniture from the donor caravan. There used to be a caravan breakers not far from me on the main Oldham Rd. but they seem to have stopped trading,post the address of that ply suppliers I 'm bound to need some ,I'm not far from Oldham so Bury isn't far for me

I got all my appliances out of the caravan only thing i need to buy is a toilet has it didn`t have one. The place is called Noyek Plywood- Home | NOYEK PLYWOOD - Wood, Plywood, Timber Merchant Manchester. I haven't had time to ring them today so i presume they deal with the public as well as trade. I only knew about this place cos the builders merchant i work for has brought a couple of sheets of ply from these otherwise i wouldn't of know them. Have a look at there site it has the sizes on there too they are big sheets. It is a little tricky to find it at first even with sat nav i drove pass it several times if u come in from Queens Road end it is on ur right after going under the bridge. I think it is next to like a skip/demolition yard. There is suppose to be a caravan breakers in Oldham on duchess street, shaw. It is called ddssupplies they sell stuff on ebay maybe another breakers for you to try
Good luck with your project :goodluck:

Eee lass! You're an inspiration ;)

You and Heather will be out and about roaming the countryside in luxury van accommodation before you can say Jack Robinson :)

Give it 5 years - you'll be putting your feet up having a beer and Heather will be doing all the work on the van :lol-049: :)

well done good choice of van, not much eletronics simple to fix loads of spare parts too

I got all my appliances out of the caravan only thing i need to buy is a toilet has it didn`t have one. The place is called Noyek Plywood- Home | NOYEK PLYWOOD - Wood, Plywood, Timber Merchant Manchester. I haven't had time to ring them today so i presume they deal with the public as well as trade. I only knew about this place cos the builders merchant i work for has brought a couple of sheets of ply from these otherwise i wouldn't of know them. Have a look at there site it has the sizes on there too they are big sheets. It is a little tricky to find it at first even with sat nav i drove pass it several times if u come in from Queens Road end it is on ur right after going under the bridge. I think it is next to like a skip/demolition yard. There is suppose to be a caravan breakers in Oldham on duchess street, shaw. It is called ddssupplies they sell stuff on ebay maybe another breakers for you to try
Good luck with your project :goodluck:

they will serve public if not tell them paul from a6windows has told you to go there

Thanks Clarkie that was very informative,the general consensus seem to be have a go at flogging the caravan then look for a cheaper one,it makes sense really ,then I can use the money from the sale to buy some new appliances whilst using all the bits and pieces and some of the furniture from the donor caravan. There used to be a caravan breakers not far from me on the main Oldham Rd. but they seem to have stopped trading,post the address of that ply suppliers I 'm bound to need some ,I'm not far from Oldham so Bury isn't far for me

theres a caravan breaker on gumtree in manchester

Nice one Trace, hurry thi sen up and gerrit dun, uou can come to our meets then :dance: looks great xx

Well i haven`t really done anything else to my van yet due to me starting back at work full time little girl has gone to nursery so pass week i being too tried.....:sleep-040: I am going to be cheeky at work and book couple of days or afternoons off so i can get it done. i want to start using it before weather gets crap....lol..

Watch this space project starting soon......lol.

You may have already thought of this, but the remaining caravan chassis would make a good boat trailer as it will probably be galvanised, and braked too. You could get a good few quid for it on ebay methinks

My good friend who let me parked the caravan outside his back yard i gave him the chassis for that very reason has he has a boat or 2......Well i couldnt sell it to him has he being nice helping me undo some of the screws and breaking up the caravan at the end...:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back