My new guzzler

What about m bikes, most of them start at 60mph.
One thing I always wondered is why car bike makers sell stuff that is able to do the speeds they do, better of going for torque and mpg.

What about m bikes, most of them start at 60mph.
One thing I always wondered is why car bike makers sell stuff that is able to do the speeds they do, better of going for torque and mpg.
Because they can, at least until authorities tell them otherwise.

You'll have a Trabant and be happy with it!

I got told on the course that there is no leeway for anything over the signed speed limit. Over is over , if you are over expect fine when sign is on. things have changed and speedos in vehicles are designed to read over and if the owner changes the wheel size that's their fault if they dont recalibrate the speedo.
Got told the speed limit is not a target but the max speed allowed.
Plus new laws are coming for the red direction signs...you know the ones that no one takes any notice of,
As for the link up put there were people on the course who were doing 52 ,53, in a signed 50. Including me.

The 10% plus 2mph is guidance and AFAIK is still in place as guidance however zealous coppers/forces can still prosecute if the speed limit is exceeded so I guess you were unlucky in your area. On Scotland for example, there is no tolerance. This article explains it nicely I think...

If this has changed nationally I'm pretty sure it would have made headlines.

If this has changed nationally I'm pretty sure it would have made headlines.
Made the headlines with this government 😁😁😁😁

I can only say what the 10 of us on the course got told,
And 52 in a 50 got some of us "fined"
It was Avon and Somerset police force on M5 just after the M32 junction.

I'm not doubting you however Avon and Somerset were one of the Forces that responded to say they allow the 10% plus 2mph so it looks as though you were pretty hard done by.

Motoring is no longer a pleasure. Your journey is riddled with ways to catch you out, some hidden, some underhand, some signage deliberately designed to be easily missed, some confusing instructions and markings and some totally unnecessary. All to take your money and/or stop you driving. All put there by hatefull b**tards. 20mph speed limit? That is ridiculous, all it does is increase pollution in built up areas due to you having to drop down to 3rd and drive around wasting fuel. Why not educate people not to get in the way of moving traffic instead of penalizing drivers. Put up warning signs for the benefit of pedestrians instead of only homing in on motorists.

Motoring is no longer a pleasure. Your journey is riddled with ways to catch you out, some hidden, some underhand, some signage deliberately designed to be easily missed, some confusing instructions and markings and some totally unnecessary. All to take your money and/or stop you driving. All put there by hatefull b**tards. 20mph speed limit? That is ridiculous, all it does is increase pollution in built up areas due to you having to drop down to 3rd and drive around wasting fuel. Why not educate people not to get in the way of moving traffic instead of penalizing drivers. Put up warning signs for the benefit of pedestrians instead of only homing in on motorists.
And a 3 year old who slips mums hand or darts out of a gait would be able to read the sign or understand, you are the adult and should drive accordingly.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back