My Bus Needs a Tidy

oldish hippy

MY bus needs tidying up nothing special ,nothings wrong as far as I know apart from awning,and touch up on front panel above screen .Have not been able to find someone local to do paint job even to just use a black paint not worried about matching,One quote was just under £3000 .Would like to get van a bit tidier .I am in south west any help/suggestions would be appreciated.No Trev I am not going to Ireland.

Paintwork is horrendously expensive now bloody prima donnas.

if it's that half inch strip above the screen I'd be tempted to buy a tin of Humbrol and a modelers brush, it flows well as it's for models.

Last edited:
Our red berlingo had rust holes on the bonnet, could only get a white one at the scrap yard. 3 coats of Lidle's black stuff brushed on and it looks a lot better.

Have you thought about going to a van sign maker and having the part that’s bad rapped.

Have you thought about going to a van sign maker and having the part that’s bad rapped.
'Dat battered bonnet
Innit full of rust,
If yo dow treat it,
It'll soon be dust ...
So help the sprayer
To earn a crust ...'

That's my best attempt at rapping, Wully ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve [not giving up the Day Job, 'cos it gave him up]

MY bus needs tidying .... am in south west ...
Hi Oppy,
Near Taunton?

See my good mucker Brendan Sealy
He trades as BKS, Unir 2 Albemarle Road, just off station Road.
He's pretty busy, but he loves old campers.
Any welding needed ask him also.

His son Ben, works in same building, can also do bespoke jobs, he is a great sign writer and Welder, but often unavailable without prior arrangement.

Both are competitive in pricing, and are good.

Hi Again Oppy,
If you want just a cheap job we could get it sorted at my house once I'm back in UK.
Will need a few days to sort vehicles so mid September onwards is possible.
I have a van to get MoT'd pronto, then get MH from Liverpool around 15th/16th, and sort it for MOT as well

Just let me know if you want to visit on this forum .
I'll send you private details by message also.

Hi Again Oppy,
If you want just a cheap job we could get it sorted at my house once I'm back in UK.
Will need a few days to sort vehicles so mid September onwards is possible.
I have a van to get MoT'd pronto, then get MH from Liverpool around 15th/16th, and sort it for MOT as well

Just let me know if you want to visit on this forum .
I'll send you private details by message also.
It's not me, it's the aged hairy one, oldish hippy, who has the query, my van is scruffy but once I get the brakes to work we'll be back on the road

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back