My batteries are bigger than yours......

I've got tickets for the June overland/quirky show, I'm assuming that's the Stratford show you're talking about?

Covid knocked it last year, I was really gutted! :cry:

Might be nice to finally put faces to some old forum names? (y):)

I'm attending in my capacity as an old f*rt wannabe who knows zilch about the technical stuff, but loves all the the great ideas anyway ;) :ROFLMAO:

Never be intimidated by a vehicle or it's contents, Tookey - unless it has a gun turret on the roof! 💪 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ;)
No it was fine, they were very welcoming but all very experienced overlanders (polar opposite to 'all the gear, no idea')........imagine chatting to Wilde at a PV convention, well it felt like the equivalent. Tbh its thanks to the advice from that lot that I ended up managing to find a 4x4, family friendly camper sub 3.5T and under 15k (my max) which was proving difficult for me

I've got tickets for the June overland/quirky show, I'm assuming that's the Stratford show you're talking about?

I'm attending in my capacity as an old f*rt wannabe who knows zilch about the technical stuff, but loves all the the great ideas anyway ;) :ROFLMAO:

Never be intimidated by a vehicle or it's contents, Tookey - unless it has a gun turret on the roof! 💪 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ;)

Tookey mentioned "The author of 'build your own overland camper', Steven Wigglesworth" in his post.
That is an interesting book written in an engaging and friendly style - and I bet a presentation from him would be worth attending.
If you want to borrow a copy, Marie, let me know.

See you at the Stratford show.
Thats the Overland and International Campervan show, 4/6th June.

Camp Quirky is a different show. 14/16 May.

No tech stuff here either, I'm going to drink tea and beer, do some tyre kicking too. :)

Tookey mentioned "The author of 'build your own overland camper', Steven Wigglesworth" in his post.
That is an interesting book written in an engaging and friendly style - and I bet a presentation from him would be worth attending.
If you want to borrow a copy, Marie, let me know.
Steven Wigglesworth is definitely an interesting man. I followed them on the net many years ago as their little convoy travelled overland to Central Asia and on into China.

Not content with that, a later trip took them around South America.

At the time, he published simplistic drawings of how his van was built, on his website.

😄

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back