MY 4 WEEKS STAY AT St JAMES HOSPITAL LEEDS

barlicker

Free Member
I have just finished my four weeks Radiotherapy treatment at Leeds. They allowed me to stay in a quiet corner of one the smaller car parks so I had some trees and grass to look at and my dog could have a pee. I can't thank the staff and management enough, they bent over backwards to make sure I was looked after. I am now back near Lancaster where I am lucky enough to have piece of land to stay on ( I live in my van full time) and recuperate.

I have just finished my four weeks Radiotherapy treatment at Leeds. They allowed me to stay in a quiet corner of one the smaller car parks so I had some trees and grass to look at and my dog could have a pee. I can't thank the staff and management enough, they bent over backwards to make sure I was looked after. I am now back near Lancaster where I am lucky enough to have piece of land to stay on ( I live in my van full time) and recuperate.

It makes all the difference, you have had to go through something and they had reached out and helped you. :)

Chemo I know and the second time some Immunotherapy :unsure:

Last edited:

Did you ring the bell opposite the reception desk.

Thanks for the update. Fair play to hospital going out there way to help you. Glad your on your we bit of land. You can now plan all your adventures when we can. Stay safe and chill out. and give your dog a pat from me. Gerry (y) 🐶

The Freeman in Newcastle did the same with us. My brother was dying so they called us when on hols. Drove back overnighted in the car park. We got free passes and security told to leave us alone. Top people. Stay safe and well and enjoy the time chillin in the motorhome.

The hospital where I had my cancer treatment had a monthly ticket for £25 entitled you to as much parking as you needed.

So good to hear that they were so thoughtful. If you had parked at Hereford hospital for that long you would have owned half the building in parking charges.

Very pleased for the OP and best wishes for a full recovery.
As others have posted It is great to read of those places who easily accommodate those such as @barlicker
Long live the NHS I say.
Ok at times it can be a bit cumbersome But Hospitals are "complicated places" with all the medical stuff and direct ancilliary staff.
Then there is the housekeeping and cleaning and food

Wishing you a speedy recovery I’m travelling through Lancaster tomorrow if you need anything give me a shout
Chris

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back