Multimeter

Robmac

I seem to have lost mine, probably one of the kids 'borrowed' it.

Can anybody recommend one to me please?

Maybe you should charge them !
Maybe it will turn up at "ohm"
Shocking news !
On the positive side you will have a new one.
I see everyting in "Black and Red"
Or is it Blue and Brown these days.
Do not mention "Yellow and Green mix" as that might bring me down to earth !

Last edited:
Depends on whether they are male or female !
(or "other/neutral" to be politically correct !)

It depends on how much you want to spend, the screwfix one is cheap, but the leads are short and there are no croc clips, mind you it horses for courses.

There are better ones for a little bit more. :)

I would like one with croc clips please..BUT make it snappy.

See you late Alligator
In a while Crocodile

What no CAIMAN

I got sick of buying cheap meters that didn't last long, so bought a second hand Fluke and it has worked out far cheaper in the long run. But it does get quite a lot of use.
Alf gave me a lovely long set of leads as well with croc clips on. (y) (y)

I bought one of these last year because i needed a DC clamp meter and very few of the cheaper end clamps measure DC Amps when you read the full specs of the meter.

I got sick of buying cheap meters that didn't last long, so bought a second hand Fluke and it has worked out far cheaper in the long run. But it does get quite a lot of use.
Alf gave me a lovely long set of leads as well with croc clips on. (y) (y)

This is why I said a meter with croc clips and probes because having to hold the 2 probes is very tedious :(

Fluke multimeter start price £116 or aldi £9.99 or have a .look at rms dc clamp meters start at £20 ish

this one has https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGIFLEX-T...ocphy=9045622&hvtargid=pla-421364454691&psc=1 you can see the red marked buzzer symbol just to the right of the 200 at the bottom of the dial . for those who don't know ,this simple function can test bulbs , fuses , heating elements , trace wires, connections etc

Went with this one, should arrive in 4 days.

Great price and functions and I like the fact that it has a stand. Thanks Nigel and everybody for the replies.

Rob, ask them if they`ve got my damp/moister meter as well, that seems to have done a vanishing act recently by sheer co-incidence o_O

Rob, ask them if they`ve got my damp/moister meter as well, that seems to have done a vanishing act recently by sheer co-incidence o_O

Strangely enough Graham my daughter does have a moisture metre - but it's mine.

She 'borrowed' it about a year ago before she bought her van!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back