MPPT solar controller... which is the best?

delicagirl

hi i plan to add another 100 solar panel to my roof and replace my cheap/nasty controller. Which one would folks recommend and why? i have 2 leisure batteries which are under different habitation seats so they are not physically connected, but, i have a split charge relay in place for engine/leisure batteries circuit.... thanks

Votronic controllers all have the facility to send a small maintenance charge to the vehicle battery, which should overcome parasitic draw or consumption from an alarm when the vehicle is parked. My MPP350 controller does just that.

Someone mentioned on another forum that the Victron controllers don't have any facility to maintain the vehicle battery, which I found suprising, but other users confirmed it was the case.

So based on that and the overall performance of my MPP350, I would recommend Votronic.

This will charge engine & hab batts, 1 amp to engine .they do larger units to.
solar duel a.png
votronic regulator.png

thanks Trev - what is the unit to the left in your picture ? thanks
Solar Computer. It's an optional additional unit that connects to the Votronic controllers and shows the charge, voltage and power being fed to the batteries in real time, as well as totals since last reset.

IMG_20190622_084325090.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back