Mould

Sky

Free Member
I'm getting some mould along the bottom of my insect screens and I can't understand why. I didn't get it last year or the year before. :(

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was your solution?

I open the windows every day and mop up any condensation at least twice a day.

I'd also appreciate any tips on removing said mould too. I know there are commercial products out there, but what's the best in your opinion?

TIA.

Trevor

damp in van

sounds like you are creating too much damp in van, with not enough ventilation.....,.I am a full timer for last 2 years with a van conversion tribute, which should be worse..........basically in winter you need to leave some windows open for longer at either end to allow airflow. put some heating on to keep warm and or several layers of warm clothing if hanging around in van. especially open a skylight when boiling kettle or otherwise creating damp. my mosquito windows are very delicate, so to clean them in summer, I used bacterial spray, or spray cleaner/degreaser and only wiped them very gently with clean cloth.........good luck steve bristol

Thanks Steve, been fulltiming for years too, but never had this problem before.

I suppose I should just try a mould cleaner as no one else seems to have any suggestions.

A weak solution of nice smelling bleach to stop the mould by direct application......

....and a couple of margarine tubs (I can't believe it's soaking all this water up) half full of a desiccant such as calcium chloride. This will gel and mop up excess moisture. I'm not saying it'll raise the Titanic but in conjunction with ventilation this should help. I got a bit of van sweat condensation and desiccation is what I needed. (cgi Meerkat noise)

Thanks everyone for the tips. I shall see what works best. :)

Fixed

I got the mould off with some anti-bacterial wipes from Aldi (79p). Just wiped both side of the nets and it just came off. :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back