Motorised bike rack

landoboguy

Free Member
Am getting a new van and Imala 734 and the rack sits quite high at the back, and its a toss up whether I get a manual 2 cycle rack, or a motorised. Got quoted 900 and 1050 frm the dealer but found them a lot less myself as you would expect, and will fit myself.

Does anyone have the motorised, are they necessary for an able bodied bloke Vs the manual, or any pitfalls to be aware of

Thule Lift V16 Carrier - Motorised version | Thule Lift V16 - Motorised and Manual Versions | Leisureshopdirect

Thanks
john

Be simpler and more reliable with just a winding handle to raise and lower.

Had a fiamma wind up used a rechargeable drill with the hook attached easy cost effective and and had the drill anyway[SUB][/SUB]

Motorized or manual, or even ones you have to lift the bikes onto: they all have the same problem.
The bikes are in the swirling, toxic and corrosive filfth dragged up from the road behind the van and are vulnerable to damage and theft.
Far better to get a van with a garage big enough for the bikes, or even winch them up onto the roof, where they are safer and will stay cleaner.

Mine wouldn’t fit inside and we have no roof access but I do need to sort a winch for lifting it on the rack. It would need a wide garage opening but not getting a different van for the bike.

304D3232-C2CF-4EE4-A83F-A941FD1138A7.jpeg

Didn't know they existed !

My bike rack if fitted very high up, so it can be still used when the motorbike rack is fitted, so I need steps to get the bikes up there and do a precarious balancing trick to put them in place:banana: May be time for change/mod, for safety sake!

Having a electric one does seem a bit OTT, rather than a simple manual handle, also need to route power to it for the install.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back