Motorhome v's caravanning

Great post Gridok;), didnt realise you were a Northumbrian:rolleyes:, we are practically neighbours:eek::D, welcome to the site (Belatedly):eek::)

last year in Kendal we were put next to a brand new caravan, the couple who owned it were busy setting up, then out came what I thought were 3 cardbord coffins, they were the awning...... it was all unpacked and spread about the pitch... and half of ours and half of the next ..... they were looking at bits and reading the manual..... scratching heads.
We went off exploring returning about an hour and a half later.... the awning was sort of ...nearly up but the owners were inside. All of a sudden the wind got up and the thing lifted all the poles colapsed and those of us nearby rushed to stop it taking off.
Knowing nothing of awnings i left them in the capable hands of other tuggers. By the time we had finished our tea the 6 or 7 helpers had managed to get it sorted
Next day whilst chatting I asked what time he had arrived... he said 11.30.

We were eating our tea about 6 ish:eek::eek::confused::confused::(:rolleyes:

He told me then that he wanted a M/H as caravans were no holiday at all but his wife likes caravans thats why they bought this new one:eek::eek:.......poor sod,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back