Motorhome transport in Europe

baroloman

Free Member
We are looking to move a motorhome from Prague to southern France and rather than drive are considering transporting it by truck. Does anyone know of a company which provides this service?
Thank you.

EM Rogers Here take a deep breath it won’t be cheap.

If you really don’t want to drive, then you could pay someone to drive it for you, just double check them and insurance.

We are looking to move a motorhome from Prague to southern France and rather than drive are considering transporting it by truck. Does anyone know of a company which provides this service?
Thank you.

Google "cost of transporting a motorhome"
This is just one example company.

Just to give you a quick guide to the cost of doing it your self I did a quick estimate

£350 Diesel -1000 miles @ £1.75 litre
£200 Tolls
£200 Flights (2 x UK -Prague)
£200 Flights (2 x Marseilles - UK)
£400 Airport Taxis
£300 Subsistence - 2 people for 5 days.
£160 Site fees
-----
£1760

£400 Airport Taxis

????????!!!!!!

4 Taxis @ £100 per journey which seems a reasonable estimate .
If you live next to the airport or the van is stored/delivered near an airport then you will save a bob or two

5 days?
It's a job, not a holiday. :p 😂

Read my post again, It is a ball park figure for the owners to fly over; drive the van themselves; and fly back.
So it is more of a holiday than a job.

Day 1 : Get to UK airport/ go through controls / flight/ Prague controls / get to MoHo / a few miles

Days 2 ,3 & 4 : Three days @ 300 mile a day. Not many owners would want drive 500 mile a day to save themselves one days subsistence and a site fee.
If my wife and I were doing it with our van I'd allow a couple of weeks!

Day 5 : reverse of day 1.

It will be interesting to what quotes the OP gets.

Cost will most likely be around £2,500 plus the dreaded VAT.
Be surprised if it’s that low, the route isn’t on a natural back load route. You could get it for that using a local groupage operator in Chec but I’d bet you’d struggle as it would be considered recovery not groupage.

If EM Rogers quote less than £4k I’ll be calling Lucy for a strong chat.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back