Motorhome showrooms to open soon?

It's a lovely thought but I suspect not.

My local dealer has said that since re-opening he's been busy with sales of used vans, and he's always been open and honest with me. In which case I'm afraid there's no need for deals.

Judging by the number of people at Lowdhams the other day, I think you are right!

It's a lovely thought but I suspect not.

My local dealer has said that since re-opening he's been busy with sales of used vans, and he's always been open and honest with me. In which case I'm afraid there's no need for deals.
The logic behind my thoughts and will apply to smaller groups is lockdown was beginning of April with little time to liquidate part exchanges from March back end reg changes,,,dealers will be keen to restore normal stock levels and reduce overdrafts and stocking charges. So there are deals to be had I think one or two of you have assumed I was suggesting distress selling

Peter Roberts Caravans reopening 1 June. Bought our new van here. Family business, they couldn’t have been more helpful before, during and after sale, I couldn’t believe it after previous experiences.

Just had an email from Spinney, saying viewings by appointment

We are open now for motorhome sales and workshop, accessories shop opens on 15th, all welcome
Peter

If you are visiting motorhome showrooms ask the dealer if there are any issues registering vehicles with the DVLA. Our collection date is now indeterminable even though our motor home is standing in the dealers compound because the DVLA are not able to process the registration online.

Apparently the DVLA online system keeps crashing as a result of changes the DVLA have attempted to make since the road fund licence changes made on 12th March. As a result it is now impossible to register new vehicles online and paper registration is gridlocked. Same could apply to change of ownership registration on preowned.

Under the easing of lockdown, certain non-essential retail outlets are being allowed to open (if they can comply with social distancing) on June 1st. These include car showrooms, which I assume includes motorhomes but cannot find any specific reference. Hope it does - 'cos we have to downsize due to me failing the D4 medical to drive our current 4.5 tonner. At the moment I'm suffering a double-whammy - can't move due to lockdown AND DVLA. The moment they give the all-clear, I want to be able to get in and drive - as far as possible! :)
sorry not me . yes i would like to go but and i say but, in my experance, i am looking more closer to an all clear. no like-y no catch-y, or on the road again. in time,
yes i am ready,but no like-y, ok.pj. get your bike out. oh and keep smiling

@peter palance

Peter, can I have some of what you're on?!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 😂 😂 😂

Stay safe ;)(y)
i that is me have had septusemea and am on pills most persons would not no. i like a joke and a laugh.but nothing bad.oh we may have a diffarons of application.
but i like you,and we have never met, it takes two to tango. i am glad to be alive. so take care. and stay safe, you never know. we may meat,mine is beef, ok.pj

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back