Motorhome show feb

The laird

Was thinking on heading to the show
Question any tips and advice as to where to park and overnight with my vehicle.
Q,am I better buying tickets in advanc?
Q,am I better going at the start of the show or at the end?
Thanks in advance.

Don't know which show you mean, theres one in Scotland in Feb and at least one in England.
We've been to the Scottish one a few times. Definitely best on a weekday and worth getting there when it opens.

Motorhome show

Is it the NEC motorhome show.:dog: although given your location you might mean the Scotland one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nec show

I visited the NEC October 2016 show but went to the National motorcycle museum first, I asked at the reception desk if it is ok to park overnight as I was going to the NEC the following day. She said It should be ok as I had museum ticket but asked to find a quiet spot out of the way which I did.
Next morning 9am ish I went to the NEC and parked and went in when the exhibition opened and came out 5pm ish every exit route was chocker so waited about an hour still chaos so drove to the top end of the car park where there were a couple of campervans parked, waited another hour still chaos so pulled the blinds down and stayed overnight and went home the following morning no problem ( everybody coming the other way)

We were at the Scottish one 2016. Motorhomes get free parking through the day. We had the feeling that quite a few motorhome had parked overnight without problem.

We were at the Scottish one 2016. Motorhomes get free parking through the day. We had the feeling that quite a few motorhome had parked overnight without problem.

Was this at the exhibitors parking sandy?we noticed some vans and had been told they were exhibitors.

Was thinking on heading to the show
Question any tips and advice as to where to park and overnight with my vehicle.
Q,am I better buying tickets in advanc?
Q,am I better going at the start of the show or at the end?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Gordon,

There are a few places to stay that are near to the NEC. The Toby on the A45 is good, but is busy when the show is on. If you don't mind a 20 minute drive then the Fleur De Lys at Lowsonford is a great pub: Home - Fleur de Lys Lowsonford. Shustoke reservoir is also a nice overnight location.

Phil

Hi Gordon,

There are a few places to stay that are near to the NEC. The Toby on the A45 is good, but is busy when the show is on. If you don't mind a 20 minute drive then the Fleur De Lys at Lowsonford is a great pub: Home - Fleur de Lys Lowsonford. Shustoke reservoir is also a nice overnight location.

Phil

Fiona and myself fancy the fleur Phil,I take it better to call ahead to OK for o/nighting?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back