motorhome recovery

kimbowbill

hi yall

who does breakdown assistance? i am with the RAC and they wont cover my MH as its over 17', can anyone recommend anyone?

have you tried the AA. iam with them they told me they recover m homes but not sure if any size restictions my van is 17 foot six.

The only one I know is Midland International in Coventry - they do large motorhomes - they have all the info on their website (midland-international dot co dot uk) . Contact details:
Midland International Motorhomes
Wall Hill Road
Allesley
Coventry
CV5 9EL
024 7633 6411

Hope this helps.

Try the CCC or CC although you will need to be a member. They cover any age or length.

Motorhomer

hi yall

who does breakdown assistance? i am with the RAC and they wont cover my MH as its over 17', can anyone recommend anyone?
Hi kimbow I,m with Saga, covers everythin and Europe, 25ft. But yove got to be over 50

Just noticed that Midland International say their special trucks, that can transport up to 50' vehicles, can also be used for recoveries by the AA, Green Flag and certain other rescue organisations...wonder how that works?:confused:

contacted

bodgerndog

Some of the breakdown companies just contract in recovery or use local companies. Thats how Midland International will be used.

Jon

Recovery

Hi. I'm with National Breakdown £55 inc. limited Euro cover. ;) I've got a 25' Winnebago. Used them once for roadside repair but the unit they turned up in could have lifted a bus. :p

hi yall

join the camping and caravan club
get your rac cover via them £36 first year cheaper 2 nd year as no join fee
upside you can use their sites for dump and fill handy (for a wildcamper )for a fee and cheaper stays with a age concession and a mag
mine has just come home on a b/down truck 19ft they measured it to see what truck was needed
pets travel in your m/home not the break down truck
changed my cover when i got the m home
not sure if you can change mid term a phone call would tell you

Thanks tofo, well i am with the RAC and when i rang them they said joind CC and get it free but CC say i have to join them, £30 then pay antoher £55 thought there may be a cheaper option

sounds funny i know
but peace of mind and a ride home is what you pay for
i broke down on the A 12 essex about 11;20 am
called rac unable repair kerbside towed to services
to await relay home or garage(no idea where to get it repaired)
chose home arrived there at about 14;30
down side was the McDONALDS meal
found garage 15 miles away able to take the m/h
called rac they said under 10 miles no charge
over 10 miles £100 so all in all i dont think i was done to badly it was my choice to home

hi yall

What's with these guys? My vehicle is 7.23 metres and I am in Fiat camper assist,with a Fiat you need it!!. The service is operated by the RAC.
It appears direct application is a problem if your vehicle is too big,but via a club etc. no problem.
My last vehicle,Hymer 544, was covered through my Insurer with Green Flag.

Hi there - I am with the AA for roadside assistance and full recovery for my car - when I checked about the MH I was told that as I am the person that is covered it is valid in anything under 3.5ton so am fully covered. Hope this helps :eek:

Last edited:
re breakdown

My insurance company 'Safeguard' include breakdown cover in my policy for vehicles up to 20 years old. Might be worth giving them a ring.

hi yall

I am with a company called AutoAid, its simple, your covered by your vehicle and not your name, and your wife gets all the benefits too, not girlfriends though.

I think its £37 for the year.. you get every benefit at less the price of the big Two!! the only things is,its a Pay and Claim policy.. you must have your credit card with you.. you pay the company that comes out for you, then you send of the the receipt, and they reimburse you.

I broke down last month, and they towed me home from wales to the north-west of England, it came to over £300, and no quibbles or anything, cheque came a week later.

For more info visit Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more Martyn lewis raves about this company..

Blueboy

I have a 20ft motorhome and we are in the RAC!?!
Renewed with Tesco clubcard 2 for 1 so was only £37... but now you've got me worried!

I'm with SAGA too, mines 27' and over 5 tonne but they only asked for the model, £103 a year I think.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back