Motorhome Parking nr Luton Airport

LDV Camper

Not strictly wildcamping but we have an early flight so wanted to sleep over somewhere then leave the 'van at airport parking while we fly. Trouble is we can't find any airport parking that will accept vans. Does anyone have any experience of somewhere that will? Help much appreciated.

Luton Airport

Hi,

Theres not many places to stay in the luton area, and to be honest I wouldn't want to. Your best bet is to go along the B653 towards WheatHampstead for about 2 miles and there are a few places to stop along there.

Luton is a non starter full of bad lads and travellers. I live just round the corner from the airport with a motorhome and already had the irish travellers try to steal it, in fact this morning I had one of their badly written notes asking to buy it!!!!!

WheatHampstead Is lovely in contrast.

If you dont mind the location you can park up in the car park to B&Q next to the airport parkway station if your over 2.3m high go round the back to get entry

Andy

i agree,we lived in luton for a while in burry park:eek: and it is a bit iffy to park .but wheat hampsted is lovely used to go fishing there, there is a nice pub there by the side of the river maybe able to stay there if not there is a car park a litte further down the lane if my memory serves me well worth a try in there .

I posted about a friend of mine, Ramon before in connection to Heathrow parking. Here's one about Luton. Ramon lives in West Drayton and will store your PVC van - I dunno about huge vans you'll have to speak to him - on his gated and gravelled drive. So anyway here I am in Ruislip and naively thinking of dumping my van in Luton Long Term for 3 days while I go skiing. Not going to happen as we all bust the height restriction. So I text Ramon and offer him £150 to meet me in Ruislip drive me to LA take the van back to West Drayton, then pick me up again at LA at midnight on Thurs. I've agreed to drop him off as I'll be going that way. Anyhoo we live in times when parking is likely to cost more that the flight and I'd rather give the money to him than a corporate car park - which anyway doesn't accept vans. Just a thought PM me for his number.

PS he is a petrol head and can drive every class of vehicle known to man

Make sure you check with your insurance company !! Re the vehicle not in use and not on your drive !
They don't like such arrangements ! (not in one of their pigeon-holes)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back