Motorhome insurance

Anyone received good renewal quotes I'm getting crazy quotes
Whole industry has gone greedy nuts mate, my home ins doubled, when I asked why, their costs have risen, went online and got home and contents for just under three hunner less 😳

AIB and their pool insurers could not give cover I required, longer stays in EU, breakdown cover that’s matches my time within the EU etcetera, while cover was not cheap, it is what I required. I’ll check my emails to see who cover is with….

Edit: Safeguard.

I’ve recently renewed house and car insurance and all have gone up. I used all the comparison sites and managed to get a decent house renewal which was still more expensive than last year but ended up staying with my car insurance company as all quotes were more expensive or only a small saving so not worth the hassle of changing companies.

You have to use a comparison site every year now, and even they try to extract too much so this year I used three, just used Compare the market for the new car and they beat all the others, now with AA.

Mine had rose by over £200 I have been with them for years AXA via Advance , went on confused.com got a quote with AXA gain but via Adrian Flux for less than last years premium, fully comp, legal cover, windscreen, courtesy vehicle excess of £150 premium on a Swift Voyager 8k miles a year 90 day European cover £409

I renewed with AIB recently after much discussion and negotiation. I ended up paying about a third more than last year.

I found it quite difficult this year with insurers bringing in conditions never raised before. A lot are insisting on a tracker but I will be in Spain at the renewal date. Some wouldn’t even quote because I’m in Spain on the renewal date. And some won’t allow me to use the storage facility we’ve used for almost 10 years.

All our insurances have gone up considerably this year, and I think if you can get less than a 50% increase on last year, that’s about the best we can hope for.

You will find more & more car drivers chancing it without ins, i have heard of folk fitting a number plate of similar car to get round the street cameras here.

You will find more & more car drivers chancing it without ins, i have heard of folk fitting a number plate of similar car to get round the street cameras here.
A “friend”? Who lives in Wolverhampton did exactly that, cloned a car of same make/model he saw while out and about, bought stick on plates from ebay and covered his own plates ,unfortunately the car he copied was also untaxed so he was pulled over by ANPR car, ended up in court and his car was crushed. :ROFLMAO:

This is just stupid. You can look up the car 2020 , and who would advertise there car crushed. . Lol urburn myth.

Proper ganders

Campervan insurance is not due yet but I thought I would see what the prevailing prices are. Lexham are by far the best at £320.72. They don’t offer motor legal cover, which we normally have, but I am wondering whether we need this especially as it does not cover Europe, where we do most of our miles. They also do not offer breakdown for vehicles over 15 years old, which ours is just. Did a quick search and can get RAC roadside, recovery, onward travel, UK and Europe for £104.99 with £40 excess and 3 call out per year.

Current broker is AIB so we will see what their renewal quote is. Will also try Adrian Flux but that will be on the phone as they don’t do online quotes.

Lexham Insurance
Premium £320.72
Motor Legal protection: not available
NCD Protection: Included
Excess: £100
Europe: 120 days singles trip, total in year 270 days
Underwriter: Alwyn Insurance Company Ltd
Breakdown, including Europe: not available for vehicles older than 15 years

Performance Direct
Premium £390.59
Motor Legal protection: included
Excess: £250
Europe: 180 days
Underwriter: Highway (part of LV)
Breakdown, including Europe: £110

Caravan Guard
Premium £430
Motor Legal protection: £19
NCD Protection: £ included for an additional 10% premium
Excess: £200
Europe: included for an additional 15% premium for 270 days
Underwriter: Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Ltd
Breakdown, including Europe: £80

Insurd
Premium £ 449 .94
Motor Legal protection: £43.32
Excess: £100
Europe: 180 day
Underwriter: AXA
Breakdown, including Europe: RAC £123.48

Scenic and Safeguard would not provide a quote if there are medical conditions that have to be declared to the DVLA, in this case glaucoma for which the DVLA issue a 3 year licence following an eye test. The prices below are without medical conditions declared so are for information only.

Safeguard
Premium £446.75
Motor Legal protection: included
NCD Protection: £51.37
Excess: £250
Europe: 365 days
Underwriter: AXA Insurance UK plc
Breakdown, including Europe: £80

Scenic
Premium £492.49
Motor Legal protection: £32.99
NCD Protection: £28.36
Excess: £200
Europe: 180 days
Underwriter: Ageas Insurance Limited
Breakdown, including Europe: £105.50

Check out Britannia rescue for your breakdown cover, they are part of LV so plenty of back up.

Reactions: UFO
Caravan Guard for me. 11k miles, 53 years old , Full NCB , new vehicle , including Europe travel and uk breakdown (which is always standard) £720 . Everything else apart from the Caravan Club was towards £1000.

Well well, my Comfort insurance renewal has come down (by about £2) despite adding my daughter to the policy mid term this year. Now £540 inc Euro breakdown, for me and 3 named drivers.

Last edited:
Just renewed with aib (axa) 10k a year ,glass cover , .eu cover repat lost keys blah blah etc ,wrong fuel,£442 plus £128 for breakdown/recovery no admin fees due to motorhomer full ncd so happy with this

Back