Motorhome hire UK or Calais

Talbot

Can anyone recommend a hire company. Having owned 3 motorhomes in the past 11 years, we've just sold our motorhome back to the dealer as it had an ongoing water leak that they couldn't resolve. I'm now in need of hiring a motorhome for an upcoming wedding in France. So I could either hire in the uk and eurotunnel into France or take the car to France and hire in Calais. Whichever works out the most economical way to do this. Good to know if anyone has experience of this?

My preference would be to "splash the cash" and indeed save on suitable accommodation
A camp-site with Ready tents
A Gite
A cottage
etc etc

I have no experience of motorhome rental, but a quick Google reveals that there are many options in France, ranging from Avis and Hertz to rental from a private owner. Depends on your budget and whether you are at ease with handling this in French. You mention hiring in Calais, but you may find more/better options if you can be a bit more flexible about the location.
Google: location camping-car france

Rental of any van is way more than B&B on a daily basis.
So really if you are only going for a wedding then that's what I'd go for.

If you hire...
There is often very little "kit" in MoHo
Pots n Pans etc
Outside chairs / tables
Bedding Pillows
Then small food items .. Pepper Salt Sauce etc

I suspect you want to enjoy the trip
Renting MoHo too much
Cost
Lack of comfort
Hassle
Danger..damage bond

"Nightmare on Route des Anglais" Just my opinion but we have swapped MoHos 3 x....They were fully kitted out and had Salt/pepper etc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back