motorhome awning up in 2 mins.

Hi Nosha your the second one to mention blocker:confused: as well as *****,what do you mean by a blocker?

A sun blocker is just what it says.
It is a plastic type sheet with fine holes in it so that you can see through it, but it stops a lot of the sun rays.
We have also used it in rain and it also stops most of it:cool:

A sun blocker is just what it says.
It is a plastic type sheet with fine holes in it so that you can see through it, but it stops a lot of the sun rays.
We have also used it in rain and it also stops most of it:cool:

Thanks Graham, I've just seen them on Fiamma site and they look the business but spoke to the gaffer and she agreed we should go for the privacy room(£380+pp next day delivery).:eek::(
Reason being, we've always got children with us ,whether it be the grandkids or the foster children, or both:eek::D, and when the van gets a little crowded at bedtime, me and Jack get evicted to the awning,so it has to be watertight.

PS I have a throw down 2 man tent and we crawl in there and are as snug as a bug;):cool:

hi lenny,
the gaffers probably right,
if you're going to be sleeping in it, better to
see that its wind & waterproof
after all what £380 nowadays?

hi lenny,
the gaffers probably right,
if you're going to be sleeping in it, better to
see that its wind & waterproof
after all what £380 nowadays?

Whats £380 nowadays:eek:, Well on your side of the border that'll be a weeks pension:p:D, what with all the benefits you lot are getting up there, there could be a mass exodus up to the new promised land, Berwick have kicked off again this week(they want to be Scottish), don't blame them:rolleyes:

BTW The gaffers always right:(:rolleyes:

BTW 2 I'll have to get a skirt now:eek:. No, not to wear, but for the bottom of the vanwhen I'm in the new awning;):cool:

I watched an old couple put up a Kiami (or what ever it's called) drive-away awning on a VW - it was a VERY quick erection! (More smut). It's the one where all the poles are on the outside.

We have a 3.5mtr awning and a homemade blocker/front, which is great, once you go down the privacy room route then it's a half day job to pack it all away so you can move the vehicle!!
not quite half a day but a lot of messing on when you could be doing other stuff free standing seems best

Jack

I'm a little worried about Jack, will he be warm enough in the awning? I think that he should have his own little sleeping bag or igloo to keep him warm.

Jon
(servant to two demanding and pampered miniature dogs that always require warmth)

I used to own a driveaway awning but I've just sold my old van and the buyer came to collect it when I was'nt in and my better half (in her wisdom)agreed to give it to her for free because it was the perfect colour match:eek:.The buyer was over the moon.

P.S. I've still got the erection instructions:D:D:cool:

Oh dear, I fear lenny in this state will go onto Ebay and search for a " 2 minute wind out erection wanted " and I think we can all guess the rest.

Oh dear, I fear lenny in this state will go onto Ebay and search for a " 2 minute wind out erection wanted " and I think we can all guess the rest.
:)No, our new Fiamma privacy room is winging it's way up here as I write, It's a bit pricey but it is compatable with our existing wind out, and looks the business;)
Now I,m looking for a Skirt:eek::D for the weekend, would'nt want Jack to get a Draft:rolleyes:

:)No, our new Fiamma privacy room is winging it's way up here as I write, It's a bit pricey but it is compatable with our existing wind out, and looks the business;)
Now I,m looking for a Skirt:eek::D for the weekend, would'nt want Jack to get a Draft:rolleyes:

Lenny will this privacy room mean you will be using campsites a lot more as you will look out of place wilding with this room thing up.:eek:

Lenny will this privacy room mean you will be using campsites a lot more as you will look out of place wilding with this room thing up.:eek:

Have to use the sites when the wife and bairns are in attendance as she 's a little nervous about the wildcamping idea and as we foster unfortunate children, the social services would not take kindly to wilding with the kids in our charge.
Not to mention their natural parents.
But not to worry, me and Jack and Connor will be out therewilding when the wife(Christine can't make it)
Looking forward to meeting up again:)

Have to use the sites when the wife and bairns are in attendance as she 's a little nervous about the wildcamping idea and as we foster unfortunate children, the social services would not take kindly to wilding with the kids in our charge.
Not to mention their natural parents.
But not to worry, me and Jack and Connor will be out therewilding when the wife(Christine can't make it)
Looking forward to meeting up again:)

Hey its nice to see the other half is going with you, and i understand about the foster biarns mate am sure you will all have a good time the bests of British luck to you all.;):D:)

I'm always accused of looking at skirts. Won't you be in trouble with Christine or have you decided to get this obsession out into the open, along with 2 minute erections?. Down here a 2 minute erection is about 90 seconds longer than normal, Its all down to the "North West Caravanners Awning and tent erectors all comers invitation annual Championship festival and Fete week" Held every other epiphany weekend in Bristol.:confused::confused::eek:

I had a free standing awning with the last van
but I found it too much of a hastle
I like the wind out cos Im a lazy git!
:D :D :D

What about a "Screwfix" awning (windout) at 1 penny short of £200. I got one last week and intend to fit on the first decent day to side of m/home' They are designed for fitting to a house and require no support legs etc although these could be added if required. Stay-Happy.

get a drive away awning from John's camping / Traveller 3 nice size and easy to get UP or is that Erect !! lol.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back